[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
All the map building ideas !
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Here's a thread of all the map building ideas the forum has came up with so far. Post in the thread if I missed one.

All credit goes to The dragon, dausenki, amidama, lsakr, iwazzi, Eikonoklastes, me, and others who I don't know the usernames of (but mostly me ). Example would be the bridge, idk who first came up with that.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

(I'm coming back to this when I get on my laptop)
Feldsher

Feldsher

How about an option to save maps from online game on device for single player? It will allow to train your skills of playing. And it will be very great idea for people who don't have good Internet.
void-maker

void-maker

How about pre-publish play-tests? It's really hard to tell if the map is balanced without actually playing some games on it. Now play-test requires using token to publish map first. Correct me please if I am wrong so I can stop wasting tokens (:
Also, some kind of "highlight for evaluation" also would be fine

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 19, 2016 11:24

[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

I'm trying to convince xavi to 'credit' maps that make it to rated state, but it must be in such a way we don't have bad maps make it to rated due to mappers popularity (think thats why we have some bad apples in rated currently

I agree most maps need 1 or 2 tweeks especially by newer designers. Perhaps a ' publish edited map' option that is free after a maps been posted. Sadly this will be more data on xavi's end

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 19, 2016 11:37

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

TheDragon wrote:I'm trying to convince xavi to 'credit' maps that make it to rated state, but it must be in such a way we don't have bad maps make it to rated due to mappers popularity (think thats why we have some bad apples in rated currently

yes. we are probably going to reward (unicoins) to mapmaker when map becomes rated (and probably need to stay rated for some time).

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

simsverd wrote:
  TheDragon wrote:I'm trying to convince xavi to 'credit' maps that make it to rated state, but it must be in such a way we don't have bad maps make it to rated due to mappers popularity (think thats why we have some bad apples in rated currently

yes. we are probably going to reward (unicoins) to mapmaker when map becomes rated (and probably need to stay rated for some time).

Any idea if/when we will get a 'maps that need work' section of forum where folks can post maps that they view as imballanced and those that wish can work to down vote them and/or fix them? Or should we just start filling up the general disccusion forum with them?

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
Forum Index » New Feature Request