[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Turn undo removal alternative.
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Shadowntr

[Avatar]
Shadowntr

Xavi,

Please do not remove the free undo feature from uniwar. I will not go into specific arguements for my position as Volf and others have all said it before and my route repetition of them will help nothing.
What I do have to say, however, is this will be a huge mistake. Unless I am mistaken, you are removing free undo because you believe you have no choice and must either do this to make revinue or uniwar dies. (As you explained in the email concerning ended game slots).

With respect, this ultimatum is utter falsehood. While I do not dispute that uniwar is in desprite need of income to continue its development and support you and the developers, the way you are going about it is not a wise choice.
In a strategy game like uniwar which aims to not be a "pay to win" game, you must cause players to constantly buy add ons to the game to make money, instead of forcing them to buy basic game essentials.
What I mean by this is that actions like reducing the number of ended game slots to almost nothing and eliminating free turn redo severly hampers the ability of a person to play the game without paying money to succeed and are counter to what the ideals of a strategy game needs to be. A major reason you are being preaasured by monitary concerns into believing that a number of these essentials need to be changed is because uniwar does not have a sustainable business model.

In the current buisiness model, the sale of game slots, archieve slots, and convience turn undos provides income for uniwar. The problem with these current accessories is that they are (for the most part) only one time purchases. You buy a game slot, and you have it for the rest of the time you play uniwar. This is not conductive to business.

You need to develop a subscription business plan to stabelize income for uniwar. The subscription would not have to be very much, perhaps 5 dollars a month, and would provide a great deal for its members.
Perks like a subscription only banner for usernames in chat (Similar in design to the one used by moderators), access to special flags, choosing the color of your units before a match, chatting with other players before the match starts, sending pms to other players outside of games, an elite member only chatroom, special tournements, and priority ranking in the random match finder program would all be great perks. To further entice people to buy the subscription, you could include the fact that every month you buy a subscription, you gain three .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 04, 2016 19:27

The word philosophy sounds high-minded, but it simply means the love of wisdom. If you love something, you don't just read about it; you hug it, you mess with it, you play with it, you argue with it.

- Hugh Jackman

[WWW]
Forum Index » General Discussion