[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Voting for maps
Forum Index » General Discussion
drumstep

drumstep

I noticed with the new update that we are now able to vote for a map just by viewing it without needing to play a game on it. I think this is a great feature because now it is actually possible to just go through the rated maps list and downvote the obviously unbalanced ones, and I actually managed to remove a map from the list. However, I do have a question about how this affects the vote by matchup data, since it is eventually planned to allow a map to be rated for each individual race pairing. If I downvote a map from the list, does it count as a downvote for all race pairings? The most obvious unbalanced maps are ones that allow krahleans to capture a base a turn before the other races, but these maps could still be used for other matchups, so it doesn't seem fair to downvote all of them.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

the new update adds voting power to score
anyone can vote, but will have little implact on 1600...

The formula is :
vote power = (playerScore - 1500) / 100

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
drumstep

drumstep

simsverd wrote:The formula is :
vote power = (playerScore - 1500) / 100

Thanks for that, so my vote is worth 5 points
Still doesn't answer how the per race vote stats work if I don't play a game though. From what Xavi said in chat it sounds like it's just a generic vote separate from races, which means once the maps are rated by matchup the no play vote won't even matter.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 03, 2016 22:09

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Earlier votes are NOT affected at the moment.

You can vote once per match up as earlier and in addition once outside of any matchup. All the votes are added together. In the future, they might be different and assembled by match up to have a rating per matchup.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
drumstep

drumstep

That's about what I thought it was. However, if rate by matchup does get implemented, then it goes back to needing to play the game in order to vote on that matchup. I don't know about others, but I wouldn't like needing to actually play an obviously unbalanced matchup just to remove from the pool. If I know it's unbalanced before playing it I should be able to indicate so.

Edit: this is obviously looking ahead to if the feature gets implemented, but I really think it should and I like being able to vote without needing to play the map.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 04, 2016 07:01

Forum Index » General Discussion