[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Separating Team and FFA Maps
Forum Index » New Feature Request
drumstep

drumstep

Right now all 4, 6, or 8 player games can be played as both team and FFA matches. However, there are some maps that were clearly designed as strictly for one or the other, and now that rated team games are back some FFA maps that got positive votes back when rated FFA was a thing are showing up in the random rated pool. To help prevent this problem from getting worse, I suggest that a map maker should be able to designate a map as team or FFA (or both) from the map editor and make the map only playable for that mode.

Edit: made the both option more clear.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 03, 2016 20:47

[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Actually T(eam) F(FA) or B(oth) for those few mappers that take the time to make it good for both styles of play.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
drumstep

drumstep

TheDragon wrote:Actually T(eam) F(FA) or B(oth) for those few mappers that take the time to make it good for both styles of play.

I covered that, but I'll edit to make it more obvious. There are definitely ways to make maps playable as both, and those are some of the most fun.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 03, 2016 20:47

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

i like your intention... but dislike the practicality of it... the game is complex enough for most players.. any suggestions that add complexity should be thought veru thorough

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
drumstep

drumstep

I understand practicality as a limiter, but I don't think it would really affect players much at all. If anything, it would make it easier to look up dedicated team or FFA maps. I'm not a map maker myself, but I think most would be glad to be able to just make a team map without worrying about how it works in FFA or vise versa. If it's too complicated for Xavi to implement, that's one thing, but can you tell me how it would make the game more complicated for ordinary players?
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

FFA maps can no longer be used in rated games, right? So let's just reset all the team maps, or significantly reduce the number in the pool. Rated should mean rated for ranked team matches only.
Forum Index » New Feature Request