[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
1.8.95 submitted in BETA to Google Play
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

GamePlay change: buried underling counter is now visible on team units.
GamePlay change: Allies can now capture bases already owned by their team mate (unit is still lost).
Units in turn with remaining actions are now highlighted in green.
Added snow to the winter theme.
Tournament list is now sorted by date and displays tournament image.
Fix replay bug when clicking on DeepLink ViewReplay in chat
Fixed incorrect stats when replaying unit transformation from Engineer, Infector & Assimilator.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 05, 2016 17:46

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
legia

[Avatar]
legia

xavi wrote:GamePlay change: buried underling counter is now visible on team units.

Great!

xavi wrote:GamePlay change: Allies can now capture bases already owned by their team mate (unit is still lost).

What do you mean by "until is still lost"?

I am somekind of veteran here. Check my videos about UniWar on YouTube: LINK.
Playlist in English: LINK.

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

legia wrote:
  xavi wrote:GamePlay change: buried underling counter is now visible on team units.

Great!

xavi wrote:GamePlay change: Allies can now capture bases already owned by their team mate (unit is still lost).

What do you mean by "until is still lost"?

When you capture a base the marine / engineer is removed from play.

He was just stating, in case there was any question, if that would still be the case.

I LOVE both these changes! So awesome
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

GamePlay change: Allies can now capture bases already owned by their team mate (unit is still lost).

I see this as greatly affecting bots on team play (who will swap bases back and forth if no more ports to swap back and forth)

Out of curiosity what was the reasoning for this? I know on a few select team maps it would be nice to have a team mate near me but that's maybe 1 in 10 maps.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

TheDragon wrote:

I see this as greatly affecting bots on team play (who will swap bases back and forth if no more ports to swap back and forth)

Out of curiosity what was the reasoning for this? I know on a few select team maps it would be nice to have a team mate near me but that's maybe 1 in 10 maps.

I think it is a good feature, that will give teams options to evolve different army-compositions and tactics. I agree 100% that the bot should not be able to cap friendly bases.

There must also be an option to kill/remove/take over friendly remaining units if a team mate is killed/removed/surrendered... so his units are not blocking his team.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
earth

[Avatar]
earth

XAVI Sounds fun, could we have a feature to toggle off the flashing green please too ... I personally find it a distraction ie flashing slimer green although I'm sure a lot of ppl will find it useful.

Thanks

Earth

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Apr 19, 2016 09:34

[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

simsverd wrote:
  TheDragon wrote:

I think it is a good feature, that will give teams options to evolve different army-compositions and tactics. I agree 100% that the bot should not be able to cap friendly bases.

There must also be an option to kill/remove/take over friendly remaining units if a team mate is killed/removed/surrendered... so his units are not blocking his team.

Was there a change? A few updates ago if a team mate surrendered the game is lost for team.

Teams (Members)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
drumstep

drumstep

Yay Question, how does this effect teams where one member has beta and another doesn't. Would teammates still be able to capture allies bases?
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

the one with beta cap cap team bases the other not... it works fine.. remember the game is actually happening on the server

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Please tone down the green Xavi.. it flashes hard on the eye, and it looks like all units have got the plague

[Email]
[Avatar]
BEASTMODE

[Avatar]
BEASTMODE

I agree with sims here, the green is a bit much. I like the concept, in that you're trying to modify how to show which units have already moved, but in my opinion a different approach is needed
Abie

Abie

Why not put an option where you can choose if you want the green or not? I personally like the way it is. But maybe an option in settings makes more sense? We get the option if we want to display the terrain benefits.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

I've an idea

How about instead off all unmoved units flashing how about it the flashing toggles on after you hit end move button showing how many units still haven't moved? Then if you wish to find the unmoved units you can see them better?

Example

I've 10 units I move 8 of them and hit end turn. I get the 2 units still have actions end turn or go back to my move. If I select the latter the remaining 2 units will then be flashing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 19, 2016 21:36

Teams (Members)
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

TheDragon wrote:I've an idea

How about instead off all unmoved units flashing how about it the flashing toggles on after you hit end move button showing how many units still haven't moved? Then if you wish to find the unmoved units you can see them better?

Example

I've 10 units I move 8 of them and hit end turn. I get the 2 units still have actions end turn or go back to my move. If I select the latter the remaining 2 units will then be flashing

I like the premise. Since basically it's a lot more important to know as you near the end of your turn.

An on screen button to toggle this off and on I believe would be ideal.

But, since I'm on iOS I haven't seen this yet. Just based upon the description I feel like this would be best...... Though adds to UI so I don't know. Hate to clunk up a UI :/
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Agreed that the blinking green is confusing. I thought that the old way with greyed out units was fine. But maybe I'll get used to it, new isn't always bad.

Does seem that notifications are not working though. I'm on Nexus 5 running marshmallow.
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates