[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
How do we get almost good maps to good maps?
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

So came across a young player new(ish) to the game who I've been helping out with some of his map designs. Sadly each revision costs him a token and he's a few maps that only need a final tweek but he's out of tokens (he's been trying to fix and has run out)

He's already splurged $2 (big for him) for 4 more game slots but he's tapped out for now (parrents don't want him spending too much cash online)

The Issue
It costs a map token to upload a map. No Problem there. BUT as many of us know (too well on some maps) a first version usually has an issue or 2 that we the designers overlook or in testing we find out.

So we make a revision. Then it costs a second token to reupload the same map. And usually this process is repeated 2-3 times.

So in a nutshell, Crappy maps are cheap, but one that players put time and effort into cost far more per map and are better for the community.

How can we alter this so that we don't make it far more expensive for quality gaming maps (and get rid of the clutter of almosts that we are starting to get as folks can't afford to fix maps)

Could we possibly have a [edit] mode or [dev] mode of a map where it can get played a few times and then edited before 'officially' being uploaded? Or an [edit] mode where it costs nothing to edit a map?

Also could we have a 'donate' map token option in the future? Having worked in the gaming industry for a few decades I'm strongly for keeping credit of maps to the original author. Yes I could 'make final' adjustments to this players maps for him, but then they'd be under my name not his. I'm not cool with that.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
drumstep

drumstep

If they gave a donate option I would be happy to use it. I'm not a map builder at all but I have 110 map tokens that would be much more useful for others.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Great minds thinking alike I'll link to the other discussion thread that started in a different section:

http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2417.page

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
Forum Index » General Discussion