[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Map publishing features
Forum Index » New Feature Request
MinimAster

MinimAster

When you save a map (or mission) to the file, you should be able to play it offline in solo mode. That way, you could see if a map idea works before using a token to publish it.

You should also be able to update a map without spending tokens. The way it works right now discourages improving & perfecting maps through multiple versions since you will use up all your tokens on one map. Right now, I don't even think you can update a map at all.

These changes would let players make maps more easily and experiment with cool ideas without worring about wasting tokens, and allow better maps/missions overall.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I agree with (and have posted about) all you have said.

I will add I was surprised to find that you can update the title of a map. So I created "Spiral In To Control". The original version (which I have now deleted) was too large and gave Titans too much of an advantage (which I could have worked out with local testing). I renamed the map "Spiral In To Control Beta" and updated the description commenting that Titans were too strong. Next I created as smaller version of the same map and uploaded that with the original name "Spiral In To Control". This means my post http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2441.page still remains valid even though the maps have been updated.
Forum Index » New Feature Request