[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New map system
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Aristotle

[Avatar]
Aristotle

Problem:
There are 9 combat combinations(svs, kvk, tvt, svk, kvs, svt, tvs, kvt, tvk) , which means a good map need to consider the balance of all. Actually, it’s too hard. If a map is unbalanced for just one or two combinations, people played with other combinations think it’s balanced and feedback good. As balanced combinations are much more, the map will become ranked soon and annoy people played with unbalanced combinations.

Suggestion:
Count the feedbacks of 9 combinations dividedly to see whether every combination is balanced. If a map is balanced for 5 combinations according to players feedback, make sure that it can only be used for the ranked games with these 5 combinations. It’ll prevent more feedbacks from other combinations, so do it after a proper number of games.
We have too many ranked maps, we need more quality not quantity. I hope it will help.

Thanks for reading.
drumstep

drumstep

The data necessary for this actually already exists according to Xavi, as when you vote on a map it asks about the specific race combination played. He has also said that that dividing the maps so that only certain race combos can be played ranked will come, although we don't have an estimate as to when.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 01, 2016 09:57

[Avatar]
volf

[Avatar]
volf

Looking forward to it though. When this happens xavi is going to need to make voting mandatory after you finished a game. Since the required feedback will need to be greater. I dont think this will create a problem.
sonbalin

sonbalin

volf wrote:Looking forward to it though. When this happens xavi is going to need to make voting mandatory after you finished a game. Since the required feedback will need to be greater. I dont think this will create a problem.

Mandatory feedback isn't necessarily a good thing. Many players don't understand map balance well enough to give good feedback IMO, forcing them to give feedback is not wise. Likewise, some people don't care enough to give feedback, why should they have to against their will? Forcing players to do something isn't a good thing.
[Avatar]
Aristotle

[Avatar]
Aristotle

drumstep wrote:The data necessary for this actually already exists according to Xavi, as when you vote on a map it asks about the specific race combination played. He has also said that that dividing the maps so that only certain race combos can be played ranked will come, although we don't have an estimate as to when.

Glad to hear the news. I hope the new system may online soon.
[Avatar]
MasterYoda

[Avatar]
MasterYoda

I think forcing players to give feed back is a good thing ... even if they vote neither good or bad (have a neutral vote) for those who don't want to vote for example atleast this will make sure that feedback isn't being forgotten

MasterYoda
sonbalin

sonbalin

Deleted

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 08, 2016 19:17

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I think the best feedback system would be similar to gerrit (code review system). This has -2 -1 0 +1 +2. To release your code at least 1 reviewer must give it a +2 and there must be no -2. +1 means, I think it's good but don't have enough knowledge to be confident that means it is good. -1 is similar but negative. Importantly it is not a simple sum 2x +1 != +2

Applying this to uniwar map ratings. People who ignore it will default to 0. +1 and -1 are what most people give now. +2 should be reserved for those with high ranks and/or large numbers of games played or maybe just a list of special people (maybe you get +2 privilege if you rank highly in a tournament). -2 can be done by anyone but they must leave a comment.

Just because someone can +2 a level would not mean they always would. A +2 should be a vote of confidence that this level is ready to be rated. A majority of +1 over -1, should indicate that enough testing has gone on that someone with +2 should take notice of the level. Any -2 are flaws in the level and need to be addressed.

This means that however highly a level gets rated by +1 someone can always flag up a flaw in it with a -2 and a comment.
Forum Index » New Feature Request