[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Comments when rating maps
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

It would be nice if you could comment when rating a map, particularly when down rating.

The comment should be sent anonymously by default (optionally with username) to the creator of the map as a private message. Internally the user that sent the message should be retained to prevent people using it as a way of sending abusive comments to other players.

I have been trying to create a few maps and I'd really like to know if there are issues with balance or why someone didn't enjoy it.
On the positive side people may still want to send ways a map could be improved further.

As for the UI process, I see this as when you click the rate button, an editable field appears below the rate up/down buttons with a submit button next to it. A comment such as "Send feedback to map creator" above the editable field and an anon check box.

Something like this where the + / - are the thumbs up/down buttons

[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

As both a map maker and tester. Feed back is good. Anonomus not so much. I'd like to be able to talk to a person to find out why (sometimes it's obvious other times it's not.) I have (and will continue) to chat with map makers about maps either in pm's or game chats (occasionally on general chat but that gets to be a mess on the more active times.)

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

The reason I think anon by default is some people don't want to enter into a dialogue, but I'd still rather have their comments than not. Maybe that is an English view and enough of the rest of the world are happy to be named, in which case the anon option should be off by default but still there for those that are shy .

[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Yes but an anonomous negative comment can't be followed up by a 'why?'

I find that a quick follow up question or 2 gives me insight as to a tweak to make the map better.
'

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
Forum Index » New Feature Request