[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
How to post ranked maps that should be made unranked
Forum Index » Bad maps - to be voted out of the rated pool!
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Rules for posting bad maps that should not be ranked

Start a new thread WITH FULL TITLE OF MAP. (this is so folks can find the map easily and also not duplicate efforts)

Info needed (below copy/paste into your thread and fill out all that you can)

Map name:
Map maker:
Number of Players:

Reason for down voting:

Change recommendations (if you have any):

------------
Sample post for thread titled Gruntv2
Map name: Gruntv2
Map maker: CLE MAXX
Number of Players: 2

Reason for down voting: If player 1 is Khral, 2 center bases can be capped setting Player 2 at a serious disadvantage

Change recommendations (if you have any): none

Then other members can then discuss possible changes to make a map more ballanced and/or pull up the map to cast a down vote to remove it from ranked rotation.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 05, 2016 21:46

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Sims, if you could sticky this I'd apreciate it.

Teams (Members)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

TheDragon wrote:Sims, if you could sticky this I'd apreciate it.

Done, and thx for your efforts

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Abie

Abie

I've already started a thread like this.

Please see.

http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2187.page
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

@ Able, the effort of this is to make maps that need to be addressed easy to spot. Each has it's own thread, so that members can check new posts and hit up or discuss the maps in question.

Ideally they should be separated from the new maps folks are promoting but sims said he'd do the house keeping if needed.

Teams (Members)
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I like the idea, but I see a problem. First, what are the exact criteria that make a map rated and is this the same tipping point that turns it back?

I have been looking at maps quite a bit recently and I have noticed that most un-rated maps have less than 100 plays, whereas rated maps jump into the 1000s. Also I can't think of a single rated map I have seen that doesn't have a 3 to 1 or greater ratio of positive to negative feedback (as someone mentioned before if only 1 of the 9 combinations is broken, or if there is a trick e.g. teleport spam that allows a player to win then the majority rates the level as good). So given there are probably less than 100 active member viewing these forums and a common ratio is in excess of 3000 to 1000, we would all need to play then negatively downgrade these maps 20 times each! (assuming 3000 to 3000 means it will become un-rated), some maps have been played 10,000+ times, though I'd hope these are balanced in all cases, they still have the same +/- ratios.

I'd really like the unbalanced maps to be removed, but I can't see it being done efficiently by the community. Maybe we need Uniwar moderators that can artificially force a map un-rated or remove certain races from the options.

Perhaps if the map name and comment were displayed when the game started (i.e. along with the message "You are in charge of the ..."), moderators could add comments for the map such as "K can easily capture the middle 2 bases, you have been warned!"
drumstep

drumstep

wookieontheweb wrote:I like the idea, but I see a problem. First, what are the exact criteria that make a map rated and is this the same tipping point that turns it back?

Criteria for a map being ranked is 25+ votes with 75%+ positive I believe and if the map falls below 75% positive feedback it becomes unranked. Recently a score based weighting system was introduced so that your vote value is (score-1500)/10, up to a max of 10, so a few high ranked players can have a significant effect. The things I'm not sure about is if the weighting was applied to votes already cast before it was implemented, and if the thumbs up/down show the effective vote count or how many people have voted.

Additionally, each player can vote once for each matchup, and once just from looking at the map selection screen for a total of ten individual votes. At some point in the future, the data collected from each matchup will be utilized so a map can be either rated or unrated for each matchup. For example, rated for SvT, unrated for SvK.

I hope this clears up any questions
Jayce429

Jayce429

I've got one: Titan wars.
Reason: Unbalanced towards titans due to bases being unreachable without teleport.
feuerwandler

feuerwandler

What do you think about the following idea?:

If you can find 10? players above 2500? who judge a map unbalanced, then it is going to be forced not being available for ranked games anymore. This would ensure that it is very likely that the map is really unbalanced and not just because one did bad starting moves.
feuerwandler

feuerwandler

I checked the ladder. 2500 is too high, maybe 2200, then the ~TOP 100 players rate the map.
[Avatar]
MasterYoda

[Avatar]
MasterYoda

All built in games should be deranked

MasterYoda
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Jayce429 wrote:I've got one: Titan wars.
Reason: Unbalanced towards titans due to bases being unreachable without teleport.

Please read the top of this post and follow instructions

feuerwandler wrote:What do you think about the following idea?:

If you can find 10? players above 2500? who judge a map unbalanced, then it is going to be forced not being available for ranked games anymore. This would ensure that it is very likely that the map is really unbalanced and not just because one did bad starting moves.

It should be all that are interested in good gaming. Yes the top players have more weight but we all should have a say.

ALSO you need to counteract sore loosers it seems. Many of us have seen down votes on well ballanced maps simply because the loosers down thumb it. Several low levels can knock out a good map so keep an eye on a maps rating as you play/finish a game. If it looks good to you just give it an up tick just to counter these looser votes.

Teams (Members)
Forum Index » Bad maps - to be voted out of the rated pool!