[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
A new idea for Uniwar: The Elite Forces.
Forum Index » New Feature Request
junco

junco

A new idea for Uniwar: The Elite Forces.

Now you may upgrade the basic unit of your army to an Elite Force which may bring you more strategic choices and may surprise your foes a lot
Below are the upgrading choices for the three races:

SAPIENS MARINE: Instant Medic Aid.
This expensive medic pack will instantly recover a marine's health in the cruel battlefield and give him a long lasting auto-healing effect.
UPGRADE EFFECT: recover a marine's HP by 3 points immediatly; gain auto-repairing effect by 1 point at each end of your turn.
COST: 100 credits.

KHRALEANS UNDERLING: Athletic Revolution.
Many battles have proved that underling's high mobility can be a death blow to the enemy. Now our underlings have a chance to become even more athletic!
UPGRADE EFFECT: increase a underling's mobility by 4 ( surface -> 15, underground -> 11 ), as well as vision by 1 ( vision -> 4 ).
COST: 50 credits.

TITANS MECHA: Core Energe Renovation.
This upgrade will increase a mecha's core energe by 100% and therefor enable the instant recovering and fast energe-recharging after teleport.
UPGRADE EFFECT: mecha can take action on the turn next to teleporting; teleport recharging time reduced to 5 turns.
COST: 100 credits.

NOTE:
upgrading to Elite Force costs one turn for a unit. You can select the upgrading command from the action menu after choosing a marine, underling or mecha. After upgraded to an Elite Force, the unit will be marked with a thick borderline.

Always have an eye on the enemy elite forces. Because they may silently change the atmosphere of a battle!

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jun 11, 2016 03:20

junco

junco

Hi guys. Let me know your opinion about this idea
junco

junco

I'm feeling the Elite Underling is a bit weaker than the other two. For balance reason, I don't want the Elite Underling take any advantage in a Base-Catching-Running-Map. Because Khra has already shown great advantage in these kind of maps. That is why I want the upgrading costs one turn.

But in this case, after a stay-upgrading turn, the upgraded mobility of Elite Underling seems not much useful since most maps are not huge enough

So here I want the Elite Underling have a new ability: can move after burying. I suppose that will make it more worthy for the 50 credits Now be more careful of the underground Elite Underlings ...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 11, 2016 03:11

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

So far I like it - but here's my two cents
A) underling upgrade
It's going to hurt a lot of people if underlings can move and unbury in the same turn. For only 50 credits I think +4 mobility is enough. Maybe you should give it an unburied movement bonus too
B) humans medical
Sounds good to me. However, it also sounds like a counterplague. Im not sure if that's balanced enough for 50 credits, I'd just give it 3 extra health if it was up to me. We don't want to make a 50 credit upgrade more effective than a 200 support unit, now do we?
C)Titans cooldown
Yeah I think that's gonna make maps a lot harder to balance. I'd just give it something else like a cooldown power attack ability or something (maybe it can also gain 2 range for 1 turn? Idk). The biggest problem problem with this is that teleporting with a fast cooldown gives Titans a far greater earlier start on 50% of maps
drumstep

drumstep

Apercent wrote:
C)Titans cooldown
Yeah I think that's gonna make maps a lot harder to balance. I'd just give it something else like a cooldown power attack ability or something (maybe it can also gain 2 range for 1 turn? Idk). The biggest problem problem with this is that teleporting with a fast cooldown gives Titans a far greater earlier start on 50% of maps

If getting the upgrade takes a turn then it doesn't actually have any effect on how fast a mecha can reach a target like a base. Currently it works as teleport=>cooldown=>move. Upgraded mecha would be upgrade=>teleport=>move. The difference is that the upgrade removes the vulnerable turn, but also has the drawback that you need to wait a turn to teleport so if you need an immediate block you go without the upgrade.
junco

junco

Thanks Apercent! You lightened me a lot

Below are the adjustments:

A) Elite Underling:
'bury & move' ability is removed.
Although, because of the stay-upgrading turn, the mobility improvement can't give you benefit on rush-attack in most cases. But the elite underling will show great strength on friendly support, key position occupying, base sneaking, out-vision attacking. And therefor break the deadlock of a battle. Doesn't mention their improved ability after burying.
So as Apercent suggested, 50 credits can be worthy for the upgrading.

B) Elite Marine:
upgrading cost from 50 -> 100 credits.
I believe the medic aid will be hotly welcomed by S players. Because, unlike the other two elite forces, this upgrade can take immediate effect. It'll be very useful at the front of a battle, to hold a position, hang up enemy troops, or simply take great advantage in a local melee. Also, the auto-healing ability will make the elite marine more dangerous, especially when he is on a Medical terrain.

C) Elite Mecha:
upgrading cost from 50 -> 100 credits.
Just as Drumstep mentioned above, because of the stay-upgrading turn, I think this upgrade will not affect the battle balance at the beginning. However, in the mid-late stage, if you have enough credits, the elite mecha will surely give you great freedom of battlefield control and become the foe's nightmare.
Note that, the elite mecha will also in disabled status in the next enemy turn. So maybe to teleport several common mechas around the elite ones will be a good idea.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 12, 2016 10:56

Forum Index » New Feature Request