[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
REST API for maps
Forum Index » How to make the uniwar.com website better
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

It would be really good if a REST API could be created to retrieve the map data.
Note: I'm only interested in GET (initially).

That way I could easily create web pages that could show what maps are available, without needing to go through the rather tedious UI in the game. Just give people an easy way to view/link to maps, find interesting maps to play, compare their latest great map idea with those already in the system, auto generate information about maps (could help with balance calculations). Importantly I'd do all that (or others that are keen), I just need access to the data.

I had a look at reverse engineering the game API calls to the Java Servlet, but its going to take me too long (maybe I'm just lazy!)... and I think would mean all requests would be made by my account.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

If they ever fix the [All] button for map size it would be far easier scanning maps especially when you've no clue how big it its. At the moment clicking the [all] button shows NO MAPS AT ALL.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 15, 2016 22:29

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

We plan on giving access to it. It will be XML communication. I hope to make it available next week. It's already there just not public. I just need to document the calls for you.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Great news! Can you add your coordinate system for your hex map to the doc too. I've seen it implemented in many different ways and I'd just like to make any code I write match what you use internally as it will probably keep things simpler.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Any news?

I'd be happy to have an early draft via email if you're not ready to release it formally. I'd be happy with just the calls and their parameters.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

@Xavi: Still hopeful... nudge.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

@Xavi: Ever hopeful. You said in the chat you might release it at the end of July.

Also I'm on holiday for 2 weeks. I'm going to see the in-laws and it'd be nice to have something to do while I'm there. I don't think I can keep up a conversation with my mother-in-law for 2 weeks! Especially as my Polish is terrible and her English is not much better.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Forum Index » How to make the uniwar.com website better