[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Play with oneself online
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Aristotle

[Avatar]
Aristotle

For both new and experienced players, we need to practice in different maps with different race combinations. It's a good way to improve our skills. And we can try new strategy which we are unwilling to do in ranked games or championship, so that more strategy will appear. Finally we can also using this simulation to prepare for the important games. Some of us can do these with good friends, but others can't and friends are not always free.

Now we can play with ourselves offline in 32 maps. But we cannot use undo in the offline game, we cannot choose more maps, we cannot have several games simultaneously, we cannot watch replays. So why not add a button for 'play with myself' in 'setup custom game'? These games are neither ranked nor unranked, and take a vacancy in current games. I think it's easy for developers, and it can encourage players to play better.

Thanks for reading.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 22, 2016 11:45

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

This would also make testing maps easier too, but starting as player 2 seems an easy enough option to add and that hasn't happened so I think your hope of a "play with myself!" button will be a long way down the priority list.
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Just have to say great choice of thread title.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Actually a HOT SEAT option in game would fit this bill perfectly. You could either play yourself or play with other friends locally. I agree All hot seat games would be unranked by default but it would be perfect for map testing as well as local play.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
legia

[Avatar]
legia

I have other account in UniWar so I create games with my main and second account to test maps.

I am somekind of veteran here. Check my videos about UniWar on YouTube: LINK.
Playlist in English: LINK.

sonbalin

sonbalin

mistercreepy wrote:Just have to say great choice of thread title.

Came to say something similar, glad you said it first though... Your username is much more apt for pointing it out that mine!
[Avatar]
Aristotle

[Avatar]
Aristotle

This new feature has profound significance. Developers should consider it seriously. You can even charge for it and I'm willing to pay.
[Avatar]
Neiko

[Avatar]
Neiko

Can't you just add a bot to the game? Maybe I'm missing the point :s

I would definitely enjoy the ability to create a game as player 2 slot though, that way I can test for balance as the second player on maps when creating them and trying to find balance issues.

In game name is the same as here "Neiko".
Long time Starcraft/Advance wars player before coming to Uniwar. I also try to make balanced maps, so feel free to check out my maps in game and provide me feedback
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

@Neiko

Have you seriously watched bot behavior especially on maps with lots of port bridge tiles? They go for them over bases even on maps with no budgets for boats. Also they will attack what ever they can regardless if they survive or not (never mind strategic actions...)

Teams (Members)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
Neiko

[Avatar]
Neiko

TheDragon wrote:@Neiko

Have you seriously watched bot behavior especially on maps with lots of port bridge tiles? They go for them over bases even on maps with no budgets for boats. Also they will attack what ever they can regardless if they survive or not (never mind strategic actions...)
yeah they will lol, i think i misunderstood the question after re reading it though. I thought we were just looking for a way to play a match without another player. Now as i understand it we are looking for a way to have yourself be player 1 and 2? If so that would actually be amazing for testing maps

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 01, 2016 22:20

In game name is the same as here "Neiko".
Long time Starcraft/Advance wars player before coming to Uniwar. I also try to make balanced maps, so feel free to check out my maps in game and provide me feedback
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

This can be done already with your alternate account (poor boy undo for those of us with clumsy fingers) but it'self is very cumbersome

I'd love a Hot Seat option where ANY map can be pulled up on your device (and eventually PC) and played locally (against yourself or friends). I know if this were an option I'd be able to get far more players hooked when I'm at gaming conventions.

Teams (Members)
Forum Index » New Feature Request