[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Proposal: marine stimpack
Forum Index » New Feature Request
OGKush

OGKush

So every race basic unit got an ability (okay burrows not that effective anymore besides forcing positioning of some units) except sapiens. I know the game may be balanced as it is, I also know drugs are bad. Still, what about giving stimpack to marines? This ability would increase marine's movement number by 50% and allow it to do 50% more damage for let's say 2 turns at the cost of 2hp upon activation. Maybe they would then need a nerf on their stats but I still believe it would only add depth to sapiens strategy and would fit more with the saga this game inspires from.

Thoughts?
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Interesting idea. You'd need to carefully consider movement and HP with regards to base capture. What if it was one movement point for one hp?

So if you start with a 10 hp unit:

9 hp marine capping a base that is two plains tiles away (like an underling)
8 hp, 1 plains 1 forest/base
7, plains desert
6 hp, plains mountain/swamp, OR three plains tiles
3hp, double mountain/swamp

I think it is still too strong. Moving three plains tiles, and being at 6hp, gives the unit an unparalleled ability along with enough hp to likely survive a single attack from a light infantry.

Ideally you should be down to 4hp after using up 13 movement points. Just too strong and game changing. Probably even too strong an ability then.
sonbalin

sonbalin

mistercreepy wrote:Interesting idea. You'd need to carefully consider movement and HP with regards to base capture. What if it was one movement point for one hp?

So if you start with a 10 hp unit:

9 hp marine capping a base that is two plains tiles away (like an underling)
8 hp, 1 plains 1 forest/base
7, plains desert
6 hp, plains mountain/swamp, OR three plains tiles
3hp, double mountain/swamp

I think it is still too strong. Moving three plains tiles, and being at 6hp, gives the unit an unparalleled ability along with enough hp to likely survive a single attack from a light infantry.

Ideally you should be down to 4hp after using up 13 movement points. Just too strong and game changing. Probably even too strong an ability then.

I'm guessing the OP's intention is for it to be on a cooldown like every other Tier 1 Infantry ability, not to let you spam it as much as you wish. That'd mean you can get a fixed 11 movement for 2 turns, identical to an Underlings base movement, at the cost of 2 hp...+50% attack which would partially be negated by the HP damage.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 25, 2016 12:06

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I'd prefer to have that for 1 turn only, but 1 Hp is reduced instead

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
OGKush

OGKush

This ability could start on a cooldown of 3 turns for example. This is just a number, as I said I haven't tried that many maps, and I don't know how far into the game you need to be to have all bases spared equally before marines can start stimming.

Also I think that this move should be a strategic one, so it must imply advantages, drawbacks, and commitment to it at some point. Mechas are disabled, kralings have to borrow without moving, have reduced movespeed, so I think they could last 2 turns and lose 2 hp. Besides that, it also allows better response to them, as their target will lose less hp (I do not master damage calculation system but marines start losing damage against basic units around 7-8, I think) and counter strikes be more impactful as marines will last shorter with these -2hp.
amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 23:04

Hakumen
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I got a better idea on the drawback, how about decreased defense by 1-2 if attack and mobility are gonna be increased by 2 for 2 turns.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 07, 2016 06:41

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Forum Index » New Feature Request