[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Improvements to shared replay handling
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Porphyr

Porphyr

I think, the feature of sharing is a great idea, and it brought a great improvement to the community. Now matches can be reviewed, analyzed, discussed, ...

But one thing is lacking, and I badly miss that one: you cannot unshare replays.

My #1 use case for this is tournament preparation: I want to share my training games with my training partners, but definitely not with my tourney opponent

If I see this correctly, right now the only secure unshare option is to unarchive and delete the game - which obviously means it is lost for myself as well.
Unarchiving only just removes it from the list of shared replays in the profile. But whoever has the link (e.g. copied from the chat) may still watch it.
Also, there is only very limited storage for unarchived games.

So these would be my wishes - don't know how hard it is to implement it. Ideally all three would be added, but even just one would help a lot:
(1) Menu option to unshare a replay - if selected, replays can no longer be started (even if someone has the link)
(2) Option to hide replay from the profile (without unarchiving) - with the disclaimer that someone that has the link can still watch
(3) Provide an option to "privately" share the replay (actually a combination of share + hide from profile afterwards) -> just copy the replay link to the clipboard without making it visible on the profile
Forum Index » New Feature Request