[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
How to boot inactive opponents?
Forum Index » Technical Support Questions
Atreyu7777

Atreyu7777

Would someone please tell me the best solution to people not playing for hours?
I offered peace thinking that would help since they obviously aren't going to play, but I can't seem to find an option that allows me to get rid of the game without surrendering:/
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Sadly since the game became free there are tons of players that start games (or join) then get board that it's not as fast as playing bots and leave the game. You sadly are stuck with them if you make the mistake of playing pickup games. Best bet is to be active in the chats and get invited to custom games with other active players.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Limit your games to players with ratings above 1600. People that are on for a while then get bored rarely get above that.

In answer to your question though, you just get to kick a player once their timer runs down and you see the flashing red 00:00 (see in game menu). You need to kick a player 3 times, then you win by default. However most games are started with 24hrs to make your move so that will take 3 days.
[Avatar]
plumplucker

[Avatar]
plumplucker

It takes far too long to boot inactive players in a 2v2 because each player needs to be skipped 3 times, ie. 6x 24 hours.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

That is correct. Sadly since game went free hitting an open multi player game is just a garanteed fustration.

Best bet is to be active either in your current language chat or the basement where a lot of active players hang of all skill levels. You'll see folks looking for players to test new maps and other things and get yourself invited. You'll learn some things from the vets and help test maps as well as get interesting folks that won't quit on you.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
ezhfan

ezhfan

Using android 5.1 mobile phone.
Since registered an account my matches are auto-starting. It's very annoying to accidentally enter new match I didn't want to play to.
Surrender helps, but after some time the new match begins. The mobile device shows popups and sounds "uniwar" with robotic voice. It would be normal only if I want to play online game, but when I don't want to play I constantly get this annoying popups, sounds and in-game switchings to online games.
This problem seems to be related to "slow players who don't move for hours". I'm working every day for hours as a programmer. I'm sleeping for hours every day. I'm eating, going bath etc, so I don't play uniwar all these hours. I suspect that somebody is waiting for my move in online game for all these hours but obviously it's a technical problem caused by auto-entering online games.
For now the only solution I've found is to delete uniwar. Will try to reinstall some months later, now have no time to deal with accident 24/7 popups with robotic voice due to auto-started games.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I'm pretty sure all of these things have options in the menus. Click the cog icon at the top right and have a browse. You can definitely stop Uniwar from making loud notifications "Push notification settings". Also you can prevent starting unwanted games.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
keymaster2

keymaster2

i've won 4 games due to inactive players, think of it as an extra turn. all those four games were ranked so try not to surrender.
Forum Index » Technical Support Questions