[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New ways for Xpressed to make $!
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Kevor

[Avatar]
Kevor

I think someone else mentioned that a great new feature would be new maps, and I agree wholeheartedly! However, at the risk of abuse and flames from some of my more hot-headed comrades out there, I would suggest that the guys at Xpressed should think of some ways to offer optional upgrades for more money -- like map packs, for example.

Why would I suggest that they do something I would have to pay for, rather than wheedling to get it for free, you ask? Simple enlightened self-interest. I want these guys to succeed -- so they can keep supporting this game that I am absolutely addicted to! Come on! I paid only $0.99 for it, and I play it all the bloody time!
I feel almost guilty... (almost)

Anyway, here are some other suggestions for the boys (and girls?) of Xpressed:
1) Optional map packs for use in solo games that you can download
2) New AI algorithms with different personalities in terms of how they play (e.g. aggressive, conservative, rapid expansion, chaotic, etc.) that you could download and play against.

I'm thinking mainly of stuff you could get for solo games, as I would not like for someone to be able to spend money to have an advantage against other players online. That's not the point.

Another thing you could do is offer more services on the website. Maybe 2 levels -- the free membership that we all have now, and then maybe (for a small fee) a 'benefactor' membership that would give you access to other services. What would those be? I bet lots of people have better ideas than me, but one thing I have thought of would be the ability to meet in private chat rooms and then set up a game without having to go through the regular server. Just one idea. I bet there are lots of others.

Anyway, the folks at Xpressed gotta eat, and I want to see this game grow. Its the best thing on the iPhone...

No battle plan survives contact with the enemy...
(Helmuth von Moltke, Generalfeldmarschall of the Prussian Army)
Anonymous

Anonymous
I too would pay for additional content to keep them working on the game.

You could have more multi player maps that only someone with the expansion could host. That gives no one an advantage, but addicts who are willing to part with a couple few bucks more variety...
Forum Index » New Feature Request