[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Fog Of War exploit
Forum Index » General Discussion
Gr8M8

Gr8M8

I've already tried to communicate this exploit to Xavi, but all my attempts failed, so I'l try it here on the forum.

Everybody knows teleported Titans now don't have any vision, right? Well, if you get an older version of the game (1.9.3 or later) you're able to get the 4 vision back and exploit your opponents.
The worst is that those players can't be banned, as they did nothing wrong, they're just playing with an harmless older version.
This whole situation is just waiting for someone to use it in the final rounds of a tourney and cause one player to unfairly lose and a big discussion.

So, what are your thoughts on this exploit?
I would suggest to make older clients unplayable, but I want to hear your suggestions, and possibly Xavi too.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Good catch sir

I don't know the answer. Honestly, and I am 100% serious here:

I hope I'm not playing in a map - tourney or otherwise, where that would be a big factor.

I would rather not risk excluding one honest player using an older version to try to kill this potential exploit.

And for me it isn't close, because again: maps where teleporting across to gain an advantage are (generally speaking) pretty crappy maps
[Avatar]
lodeous

[Avatar]
lodeous

Personally, I think it would be better to enforce the teleported Titan vision on the server and reject other teleports that use it. But disabling old clients is probably easier for a programming perspective. As long as everyone can access the latest version of UniWar then that would be fine.

I am a Quaternion: one part real, three parts imaginary.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I think a daily message (say 2 weeks)
"Your version of Uniwar is out of date please visit <link> to get the latest version".
then later
"You MUST update your version of Uniwar. Visit <link> to get the latest version"

In the short term I think its a relatively small hack of FOW. Speeders are often better at it as they have the visual range.
Also apparently Xavi has a plan for FOW that sounded reasonably imminent.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Porphyr

Porphyr

I think if a version changes rules of game (i.e. not just cosmetic changes), that put a disadvantage to the upgraded players,
the version update should be enforced. I.e. you should not be allowed to participate in rated games or tournaments before updating.
Gr8M8

Gr8M8

One example I can give is this TvT tourney map "Cruddy Situation" : having an old version is the difference between being massacred by walkers or to teleport mechas behind them and win the game.
Although i haven't done this on tourney, I've done it on practise matches, and it is a game changer.
Forum Index » General Discussion