[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Sapien response to mass Leviathan
Forum Index » Sapiens
[Avatar]
japhib

[Avatar]
japhib

What strategies are there for combatting mass Leviathans on high-credit maps with lots of water? I know that the destroyer is the strongest of any aquatic unit but it's 200 credits more than the Leviathan which means that for every 3 destroyers I get, they get 4 leviathans, and I think they just get blown out of the water early by there being so many leviathans. Here's a screenshot from a recent game:

I had a couple destroyers but they were eaten alive. So I tried to respond with tanks since they have strong defense and decent anti-aquatic attack, but they also got destroyed. What's the best strategy? Straight up destroyers? Did I just not get them early enough? He did have a leviathan a turn or two before me. Should I have tried batteries? They do have +1 range up on the leviathans, which would be nice, but I imagine very hard to protect on this map. My helicopters did a bit of damage but they also just seemed too squishy & expensive to really be effective.
amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 22:59

Hakumen
[Avatar]
japhib

[Avatar]
japhib

Okay thank you!

EDIT: what amidama said earlier but must've accidentally erased is basically, the best defense against mass leviathans is mass destroyer. And especially in that map, there's no point in building anything but destroyers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 19, 2016 20:52

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

In a leviathan rush, one way to counter such dank squids is to fight them with helicopters and destroyers. attack with helicopters 1st, then finish it off with your destroyers. The reason to attacking with helicopters is that it can fight toe to toe against it, if it can attack 1st with support. anything other than that is your own choices. A battery wouldn't be too bad of a choice, since it shoots further and could avoid retaliation if given enough spacing between land and water.

In a fight between a helicopter and a leviathan is a pretty competitive one. the helicopter will usually damage a leviathan by 3 pts. of health while losing 4 of its own and safely retreats behind the destroyer. then the said destroyer can finish off the damaged leviathan with much less health to lose, which is needed to fend off against another healthy leviathan if there is one nearby. with a few turns of rest, the helicopter can help the destroyer again to damage the leviathan while the destroyer does the same thing from earlier. in this case, it's a very cost effective strategy if done right, which you certainly can do it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 04, 2016 03:29

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

amidama wrote:0
above you^

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Forum Index » Sapiens