[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
A poll for reducing randomness
Forum Index » General Discussion
Do you want to reduce randomness by increasing the random numbers of every hp?
Yes. I want to increase to 10 or 12. 18% [ 2 ]
Yes. I want to increase more. 18% [ 2 ]
No. 6 is good. 64% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 11
[Avatar]
Aristotle

[Avatar]
Aristotle

Now, the damage has a floating range.

It depends on some random numbers.

6 numbers will be generated automatically for each attacker's hp.

For example, when 10 hp helicopter attacks 5 hp garuda, 60 random numbers will decide the damage the helicopter makes( 4 or 5 or 6), and 30 random numbers will decide the damage the garuda makes( 1 or 2 or 3).

If we increases the random number, the probability of 4 and 6 damage (the helicopter could make) will be lower than it has now.
[Avatar]
Aristotle

[Avatar]
Aristotle

Oh, trying different attacking sequences and finding the best may be our way to win. But this is NOT STRATEGY AT ALL !
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Aristotle wrote:Oh, trying different attacking sequences and finding the best may be our way to win. But this is NOT STRATEGY AT ALL !

The primary function of undo is to prevent inconvenient screw ups (ex: you accidentally tapped a tile because fingers slipped or misreading), but then..

Would you really like to move on even a massive screw up will cost you a win? I was in there before the undo was added. I didn't like it. Games are suppose to give us something fun to play with, not to stress us more and not a lot of people make perfect decisions.

The game is meant to be a simulation of what would an outcome can be

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Aristotle

[Avatar]
Aristotle

LkASr wrote:
The primary function of undo is to prevent inconvenient screw ups (ex: you accidentally tapped a tile because fingers slipped or misreading), but then..

Would you really like to move on even a massive screw up will cost you a win? I was in there before the undo was added. I didn't like it. Games are suppose to give us something fun to play with, not to stress us more and not a lot of people make perfect decisions.

The game is meant to be a simulation of what would an outcome can be

I want to win, so I always try.

1 or 2 damage will make a big difference in many occasions. After I got 2200, I have to do this.

Some play just for fun. Some take it seriously.

But I really wonder whether the random factor bring more fun. If not, we can create a win-win situation.
ElPresidente

ElPresidente

I agree that the randomness sometimes can make a critical turn in a game. You absolutely need to have unlimited undo to compete in order to test the sequence and optimize your attack order.
I would assume the taking away randomness would lower the value of unlimited undo. And therefore probably cost the developers money.
So I can understand their reason to keep it. I also think it adds some complexity and strategy which wouldn't be there without it.
So it's ok with me either way, but I would like to try some games without it and see if it loses any of the depth.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 06, 2016 22:45

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Would it make sense to display the random number sequence?

In the same same way that showing the location of buried underlings helps players without undo and reduces the tedium of retrying many search sequences.

Obviously showing all 60 numbers makes no sense but some traffic light or - 0 + showing the buff you will get on the next say 5 moves would help a lot. E.g.

+ + - + 0
Would indicate the first 2 attacks will get a high buff from the rng followed by a de-buff then another buff followed by a default.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Forum Index » General Discussion