[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
The Dank Terr.. *whoops, I mean.. (sweatdrops)* Sapien Guide
Forum Index » Sapiens
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Ladies & Gentlemen, I'm here to give you a good guide on how to play as the Sapiens (It's not like it's Terran!! [on tsuntsun mode, blushing]). As you can see, the Sapiens are the most versatile race in the game and they show it through speed!! (and dang, they were also too high on enhanced trucker speed). Between them and their adversaries, their power is scaled in between the bugs and the robots, giving them the best reaction times against threats other than themselves. their unit formation can vary between player to player, that means their combinations are very, very high (again, those enhanced trucker speed, [trollface]). Their only weakness though is their relatively lack of powerful special abilities and because of that, their true potential will come once in a blue moon due to game balance (but ask SlayerS_BoxeR for those stimpacks if you want some [TRUE POTENTIAL] ). As said, their abilities are best used for support in the heat of battle, because all of them involve- (you know it [aaayyyy]), and because of speedy abilities, they are also great guerrilla fighters, a kind of fighting that the other 2 relatively lack in a way. In general, they could potentially be the most OP race in the game if used right. Let's continue on, shall we?

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Feb 27, 2018 09:24

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

In general, The army of people (assuming genders are finally equal in their distant future) is balanced, supporting each other in a dime when trouble strikes because of their master race mobility. The Sapien Army can and will be able to take on anything the odds throw at them. Each unit is versatile and special, making them very good at utility play.

Marine

Your basic unit, basically yo grunt. This guy is your most effective infantry in the game in terms of overall performance. It can get anywhere at considerable speed, it can attack anything cost effectively without sacrifice in performance, it can do pretty much anything (though falls short to the Infected Marine). The only weakness to the marine is that it lacks speciality that the other two races get, which you can use that to your advantage if you're to fight them.

Engineer

Your support unit that allows you to heal your units twice as fast. This is the only unit in this race to convert a Mecha, which can and will help you win the game in the right hands, especially the godawful EMP (as Titans). When you're encountering Khralean Infectors in the field, ALWAYS bring one of these guys because an infection will occur at anytime and these guys are the only unit besides a medical bay to bring antidote to the army, however this unit has paper for armor, giving you hard time to utilize them to great effect.

Mecha II

This unit has been brainwashed for your team, well at least betray their masters for your team . Enough talk, These units are THE bomb of being king of the mountains because of their armor the size of a Speeder [8]. They can tank almost anything in a mountain fight. You wanna troll them TR8Rs, go send a Mecha II, you wanna TOG block an area, go send a Mecha II, you wanna do that Marine vs Garuda 1v1 fight you've been dying for, get that Marine's derriere outta there and go send a Mecha II!! This thing can get you places, heck their advanced technology (the teleport ability) will even get you to your mom's supermarket that she's been kicking your swamp gas-induced afterburners 'till you drop with ease. The only problem you need to think about is that you'll be needing to nerf these bots like some faint-hearted setting all animatronics down to 1 to win the game to grab 'em down. Now get out there and get some heavy metal!!

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Jun 18, 2017 02:39

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Marauder

Considerably the most overpowered unit in the game.. when used right that is. Ye see, Marauders are in fact really powerful.. the catch is, it needs plenty of space and plains/roads to perform greatly, but fear not, its 2 actions/turn is a great thing, it can gangup, attack twice, hit & run, repair AND attack, reverse, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING!! When massed, it's a wonderful army of Mongols eating the world like swiss cheese with (horses) cars mowing down anything stands against them, so bad that it had to be nerfed so bad 3 TIMES, but of course, it's also quite easy to counter it with anything durable enough.. say that Mecha II could be dang useful by now, but- *transmission interrupted*

Tank

Your knight in shining armor, except that it's knights in the same shining armor, [Mr. Bean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)], anyways, it's the best wall you can afford, 400 min- uh I mean credits, very tanky, maneuverable and reliable with +2 repair, but the problem is, it's defenseless against anything flying, but it doesn't really matter if there's like only one of them and wastes time to your enemy unless they're clever enough to bypass this. It's an affordable and reliable unit that can hold on against all odds. To make it special, make it into a mobile wall and have another unit that can attack in range, meaning, SIEGE TANKS (MAKE THIS A THING!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!)!! (*9 mobility tank pls *)

Helicopter

Basically, send a tank flying, but with more speed instead of armor (bc is makes sense as more armor means it's gonna burn so much fuel like Greece burns through bailout money). The heli is a versatile flyer that can hit & run at a much stronger rate than the Maurongols below, but slower, but just like the marauder, it can be hard countered by any unit capable of dealing with it. It's super effective against ground lights and amphibious units, good against ground heavies and aquatic and most aerial units. Because it's repair is not good for a 500 credit flyer, it can't go toe to toe the longer the fight goes, so don't send a heli unsupported. Anyone pretty enough can ride this smexy beast, bonus points if they have a ponytail

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at Feb 27, 2018 09:28

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Fuze

Well looks like someone weaponized a fidget spinner and make it hover on water (¬_¬).. but with GUNS! O: -So far, the fuze is a fuzed (pun intended) with anything practical for an amphibious assault. It's weak, but with 200 credits, it can mow down a good amount on gangup against melee. Out of the 3 amphibious units, it's best used with plenty of support as it's the weakest combat unit in the game when it comes to fighting in a 1v1 combat, but does a great job at dealing heavy damage against most ground heavy and aquatic units. On the other hand, it sucks at fighting against aerials, so keep them out from them. Beware of this fidget spinner of death!

Bopper

Remember our tank, bc this thing is the best partner for a siege tank formation. Its 3 range is actually a double edged sword, yes, it can be a great unit with that range, but it can ONLY attack at that range. It's pretty arbitrary for a siege unit, which makes look like an artillery more than an anti tank gun in that remark, but more specialized in armor piercing. Yes, you heard me, this thing can pierce through armor like it was nothing, and you can scare off anything with it, since it's easily affordable at 300 credits, but you need to be careful that it literally has paper for armor as it has NOTHING protecting itself with that it'd be as good as a naked gunner in the jungles of Asia! Even though it's too squishy for a combat archer, it's reasonably mobile as it can attack after move. Pls handle with care and it will end well for you

Battery

This is the 2nd next big thing after the Bopper, it has a much better range option, at 2-4 to Bopper's (literally) 3, even though it's expensive (at 600), it's a very flexible machine to work with as it can attack twice, or move and attack at the same time as it has 2 actions/turn. As said, it can really kill any lightly armored unit in 1 turn and it can be a really good unit in a siege tank formation. If you can take care of it, it can return the favor for you.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Sep 13, 2019 15:24

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Submarine

The subway footlong is a fine piece of bluefin tuna that you can use it anywhere with, but it's also easily killable for its luxurious price of $400k for 111 pounds of it (yes, it's that expensive, so eating it as a big meal is once in a blue moon). Its primary function is to kill ships even though it just as useful as a bopper in brine, so it's a thinking man's Destroyer when using this kind of a weapon despite its ability to be able to shoot anything while underwater. Arguably, it's more useful emerged than it submerged as its mobility and range are penalized while underwater, which is not mainly a good thing if you need to catch a kill quickly. Save the bluefins from extinction, kids.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mar 02, 2018 00:33

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Guide to Sapien Units Pt.5

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28, 2017 07:06

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Guide to SvS

Overview
You see, to kill ape, you kill ape with something better and more practical than a manhole cover, pointy metal fence lines, and your own bare hands. The key to a SvS combat is mobility and positioning, a nice variety of units, and some usage of Sun Tsu's Art of War for added measures, meaning you'll have quite a bit more involvement with most of your units across the deck to force the terrorists not to rush B, though it's still a bit more tilted towards Gengis Khan infused Marauders than anything unless you're in the jungles of Thailand and the Himalayas at the same time, which will be the job for your Ha- I mean space marines, since they're more cost effective than with any other unit due to their price.

Land Warfare
On land, Sapien civil wars are spiciest when flexing in open grounds where you can get the best bang for the buck on your vespene mileage before going back for a long cut. There are 4 types of open terrain: plains, roads, deserts, and harbors, the key there is to misdirect your enemy, deal damage, and run back before they can do anything about it. Marauders are king of the open ground, use them a lot and perform fencing techniques on your rival, meaning you're gonna need to move around and position on the best possible spots for your strategy before the Germans get a jump on you via blitzkrieg. Fret not, a Tank can get in the way as long as there's a safe chokepoint, a side of best choice of units, and the lowest risk of getting Bopper camped.
On the other hand, they're no slouch on being in the Ardennes as they are in the Lowlands either, which was a hard lesson learned in history, so it's given to the US Marines as a horde of Lamborghinis is typically useless and logistically dangerous in there. In heavy terrain, devalue your enemy's terrain value while enhancing yours, so a handful of Marines, some ranged units and a Helicopter will shine there and make sure you won't be bogged down along the way as it's just as dangerous.

Naval Warfare
In the Pacific, SvS naval combat is mainly a mix of open & heavy terrain land combat, so a balanced mix of Destroyers, Submarines, Fuze, and Helicopters is pretty essential, so you'd better play smart janken in there. In coast like areas, Fuze and Helicopters will shine there, since Subs are vulnerable and Destroyers are expensive and are not as flexible as a Keshik and happen to be in Gangneung trying to crash the Pyongyang party from the mountains.

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at Sep 13, 2019 15:26

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Guide to SvK

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Guide to SvT

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Guide to racial synergy

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Guide to interracial synergy

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Afterword

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 28, 2017 07:06

join wang

join wang

LkASr don't mean to rush but can you continue this guide.
Pento

Pento

Where is all the text?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 10, 2017 00:24

Forum Index » Sapiens