[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Voting After Game Is Played
Forum Index » General Discussion
Should We Have a Manditory Vote After A Game Has Been Played?
Yes! We Need A Change 80% [ 4 ]
No, Keep The Same 20% [ 1 ]
I don't have an opinion, I'm one of those guys who never votes ... 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
[Avatar]
MasterYoda

[Avatar]
MasterYoda

I like to think of myself as a map maker, making maps for me personally makes this game I take pride, spending many days or weeks staring at a map I'm making, making it very balanced, I test my maps with fellow players and eventually get it to a ranked stage. WOOHOOO! All that hard work paid off right?? NO!! getting it ranked is the easy part, now you sit and watch as thousands of people play your map, any positive votes? A few maybe. Any negative votes? Yes many of those, these negative votes pop up for two reasons, either the map really was terrible OR the usual reason, they lost and that's enough to rate down, unfortunately players will usually delete the game afterwards, not giving a second though to a thumbs up when the map was clearly made well. This becomes a big problem in my opinion, all the hard work people put into building a map, just to have sour people rare the map down after loosing. This needs to change, I beleive that if after a game there were three manditory options in order to leave/delete a finished game. 1. Vote Positive 2. Vote Negative 3. Vote Neutral. This way we can ensure that votes are being done, otherwise all the well balanced fresh maps will get a chance. All the old established maps, sometimes are not even well balanced, due to all the changes of units etc. Let's change this!

MasterYoda
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

MasterYoda wrote: A few maybe. Any negative votes? Yes many of those, these negative votes pop up for two reasons, either the map really was terrible OR the usual reason, they lost and that's enough to rate down, unfortunately players will usually delete the game afterwards, not giving a second though to a thumbs up when the map was clearly made well. This becomes a big problem in my opinion, all the hard work people put into building a map, just to have sour people rare the map down after loosing. This needs to change, I beleive that if after a game there were three manditory options in order to leave/delete a finished game. 1. Vote Positive 2. Vote Negative 3. Vote Neutral. This way we can ensure that votes are being done, otherwise all the well balanced fresh maps will get a chance. All the old established maps, sometimes are not even well balanced, due to all the changes of units etc. Let's change this!

The problem is, most maps are meh at best for most people which is why they don't vote. People only vote when they feel a map, wether they feel it positively negatively.

I think this is worth a try, but I'm not sure it would change anything. Perhaps something better would be to have every player automatically give a positive upvote at the end of each game and then have the option to change to neutral or negative. Especially with revenge mode coming up (so even unfair maps aren't that much of a problem).
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

just my 2 cents. forcing folks to vote may be not the best (folks may have tempers at the end of a game).

Also the vote option doesn't always come up. (have noticed that on some games I don't get a vote option.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
Forum Index » General Discussion