[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
4th Uniwar Race
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

Hi boys and girls So you inspired me to have a little fun and make a sketch of my own new race. Don’t expect to be introduced (well i don’t expect to any new race be introduced at all) but hey, maybe someone will feel inspired by it or just have a little fun imagining it.
Anqorians
Neutral cosmic race of humanoid aliens, with inteligence, technology and life force nearing sapiens. They are mecenaries pirates, serving nobody or anyone who pays, depends on situation. Anqorians are fond of claws and teeth, which embodies for them the power of nature and lone huntsman vs hostile world ethos. Claws and teeth everywhere. And trophies. Sapiens shrinken heads, khrals stings, that lever from titan’s power engine generator. You get the picture.
Here is how i imagine they may look like:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Mvx-p2P1Cxc/VkJwgreNCoI/AAAAAAAA1Hg/hGBYkJ27A5U/s1600/bambi_vs_alien.jpg

Why we need them at all? They bring bunch of new strategies on the table. We know how it goes, saps are strike and run kind of way, khrals are all into large self-protecting groups of cheap units, titans Tyrells sit and wait, growing strong. Anqorians are thought to be into separate groups of units protecting itself and it’s centre, medium-expensive, oriented into good placement and dirty play instead of open conflict.
This is quite difficult to fit them into current model where we have 3 races, all countering one and being countered by one other (especially transformed units and abilities), but here it goes:
Unit #1 – light infantry
PLUNDERER (100)
Mobility: 9 FoW: 3 Repair points: 1 Defence strenght: 6 Attack range: 1 VS light 5, heavy 4, aerial 3, aquatic 3. Special force: sneak – use on hostile unit. If the tile directly behind that unit is free, jump there.
[so basically good defence primary unit that can break enemy lines by jumping behind their back]
Unit #2 – healer
DRONE (250) - flying
Mobility: 7 FoW: 2 Repair points: 1 Defence strenght: 1 Attack range: n/a. Heals x2. Special force: bribe. It converts every other race’s basic unit, simply switching it’s allegnance and color, as well as reducing it’s numbers by 3 (but not less than 1). Special force: SCRAP COLLECTOR. It creates a field of 3 hexes in every direction and gathers 10 credits for EACH unit that dies on that field during your turn.
[it is FLYING, so quite unique, more expensive as well]
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

Unit #3 – cheap heavy (250)
ROGUE (300)
Mobility: 14 FoW: 5 Repair points: 1 Defence strenght: 6 Attack range: 2 VS light 8, heavy 4, aerial 4, aquatic 6.
[motorcycle with shooting alien pirate, yay. Fast ranged unit, but fragile. Something between speeder and swarmer]
They look like that, only not humans: http://images.junostatic.com/full/CS387907-01A-BIG.jpg
Unit #4 – medium cost heavy
SUNEATER (350) - flying
Mobility: 8 FoW: 3 Repair points: 2 Defence strenght: 7 Attack range: 1 VS light 9, heavy 6, aerial 10, aquatic 8.
[high damage hovercraft, but weak defence. Good vs aerial. As for cheap model derrived from eclipse, it’s a bestseller for intergalactic pirates ]
Unit #5 – tank-like
SCRAP TANK (450)
Big ugly thing that hardly rides. But man that healing points! Better kill it at one attempt.
Mobility: 6 FoW: 1 Repair points: 3 Defence strenght: 11 Attack range: 1 VS light 10, heavy 10, aerial 6, aquatic 9
Unit #6 - artillery.
(or maybe anti-artillery)
SHADOWBINDER (600)
Slow riding, central-army must-have equipment tower. It projects distortion waves and makes ALL units at the range of 1 (6 hexes and itself) IMMUNE against ranged 3+ attacks (so swarmer and eclipse and rogue can still attack, as well as wyrm at the range of 2.
Mobility: 6 FoW: 3 Repair points: 2 Defence strenght: 9 Attack range: 1 VS light 6, heavy 2, aerial 4, aquatic 2.
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

Unit #7 - ship
STORMSTRIKER (700)
This is a submarine, it can bury like underling (but undetectable). In water. And then come out and gain benefit in direct attack (range 1)
Mobility: 16 (half after going underwater) FoW: 5 Repair points: 1 Defence strenght: 10 Attack range: 1 VS light 12, heavy 11, aerial 9, aquatic 16.

Special ability: yes

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 15, 2016 17:13

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I like it a lot really enjoy the hopping infantry. And the Drone has a great design
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Was laughing my butt off at that Bambi picture. What do you mean by the drone -3 numbers? -3 to all stats or -3 to its health? I really like the scrap collector ability btw.

I like the rogue but I'm not sure why it needs to cost 300 lol. That could qualify for a 250 unit

I can't find anything else wrong with this race it's a really unique and decent concept . Although I'd recommend putting more spaces in between the stats so it isn't too hard to read

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 18, 2016 15:19

[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

Apercent wrote:Was laughing my butt off at that Bambi picture. What do you mean by the drone -3 numbers? -3 to all stats or -3 to its health? I really like the scrap collector ability btw.

I like the rogue but I'm not sure why it needs to cost 300 lol. That could qualify for a 250 unit

I can't find anything else wrong with this race it's a really unique and decent concept . Although I'd recommend putting more spaces in between the stats so it isn't too hard to read

-3 health. If it bribes unit (marine for example) which has 7 hp, it has 4 hp now. But it can bribe all units. I don't see another way how new race can correspond with this triple system we now have.
Stats are not wuite important as we can't really tell how they would look like after few balances, don't we?
Thanks guys for appreciation.
Forum Index » New Feature Request