[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Turning all or most of the buyable extras into a package?
Forum Index » General Discussion
Jayr

Jayr

Regardless of feelings towards about in game currency, or having to buy certain things, it now exists in Uniwar. Whatever you think it's either accept that or leave. I, and I hope anyone reading this, am among the accept this group. So I wish to make this the best and most efficient system possible, quick and easy for everyone involved. One way this could easily be done, and help with any other future pay for extra content, is to bundle all or most of the extras into one package. This would avoid anyone having to spend extra money in the future, possibly eliminate the need for a currency, and make things faster and simpler for everyone. I also recognize some people only want one of the extras, so they could be left as individual items as well as this package, at the devs discretion. I am not the only uniwarror, and would like to hear other ideas or comments upon my idea, so I am making this forum post.
Keep Unifighting
-Jayr
[Avatar]
lodeous

[Avatar]
lodeous

Thanks goodness this discussion is on the forum. I know a lot of players are concerned that regardless of the debates about in app purchases that xavi won't see it or listen. I guarantee I will present your ideas and arguments to him. So please contribute your voice and let's try to find the best solution for UniWar!

EDIT: If there is a other forum thread besides this you want me to show xavi please get me the link through PM.

EDIT2: for those of you who are unaware, I am working for xavi (started this summer) and I communicate with him regularly. I would like to find some better options that are good both for the devs and the community. Lets get together and brainstorm ideas and debate their merit.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 27, 2016 15:09

I am a Quaternion: one part real, three parts imaginary.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I think a package has some merit. But I'm not sure, exactly what should be included and what shouldn't.

I think the idea of map tokens and game tokens etc are a good idea. I think they're convenient for the players to buy and I think they're a good way for the devs to market unicoins as a currency.

I do think that bundles would be a good idea in general. But a 'everything' bundle I don't think would be good. Just trying to imagine the cost to the player and I feel like it'd have to be $50 .. Which almost no one will pay as a lump sum.

I do think that having 'classic mode' (think Starcraft) and 'new unit mode' (Brood War) makes sense. I played Starcraft and loved it. There was 0.0% chance I wasn't gonna buy brood war so if ppl play classic mode and see those shiny new units they -could- be playing with... That could work. BUT there are problems. This splits the player base. So all of a sudden we have 300 people online, but 200 of them play in expansion and only 100 play in 'classic' .. It's harder for classic people to find a game and takes longer to finish the game. So it might suck.

Because of the uncertainty of what could happen in that scenario, I am coming around to mashing it all together and letting expansion people play against classic
saiberblade

saiberblade

Maybe dev can advance create new terrain packet to applying on map editor for purchaseable.or implement card system like elite unit.mean special card can be purchase on shop.elite unit card can be used on game to upgrade existing unit.example underling can be upgrading with card to get extra hitpoint or decrease terrain resistent.each game/battle only had 3 slot card to applying on unit.when unit upgraded destroyed applying card effect is disappear and going cooldown for 5 next turn.note only 1 unit affect by special card.if 2 underling unit only 1 got effect.
saiberblade

saiberblade

Maybe special emoticon can be purchaseable too.or dev can make team logo uploader token.like when creating team with own logo sound cool.especially if win tourney and logo appear both on site and ingame client.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 27, 2016 16:04

[Avatar]
lodeous

[Avatar]
lodeous

Note: this is personal opinion as a player

I don't think every available purchase should be packaged into 1, but I think it would be nice to package all the things that may affect gameplay ability like undo and new units (with maybe some extra slots too).

[Avatar]
lodeous

[Avatar]
lodeous

Another similar discussion:

http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2623.page

Ideas from drumstep sounded good.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 04, 2016 06:47

Forum Index » General Discussion