[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Uniwar Street Team?
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Don't know if this is something others would be interested in or not...

But was thinking we could come up with some advertising items - stickers, or maybe a printable graphic, etc - then get as many people as possible to post these items in nearby shops.

I think there are some places that if we could put up these graphics might be really good:

- FLGS (your Friendly Local Gaming Store). This targeting advertising should be a great place for us to advertise this game, as many of the ppl who frequent should enjoy Uniwar

- college campuses ? I'm not sure WHERE at a college ... But maybe look at where those college kids go nearby .. I know a lot of university of Pitt students head to Oakland for lunch. So if I could get flyers up there, that could be effective. (Example)

- any high traffic areas that we can get a little logo / flyer up?

So, just wanted to have a preliminary discussion about this. Much love.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I haven't been on a bus or subway in a long time ... Could we slap a Uniwar sticker on those and have it last for any amount of time?
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Nice, but at the same time, I wonder how many people would want to buy a pinzer if they didnt already have fond memories of it? No offense xavi but it isn't very pretty.

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:Nice, but at the same time, I wonder how many people would want to buy a pinzer if they didnt already have fond memories of it? No offense xavi but it isn't very pretty.

I have no idea what you're talking about :p lol
Abie

Abie

Apercent wrote:Nice, but at the same time, I wonder how many people would want to buy a pinzer if they didnt already have fond memories of it? No offense xavi but it isn't very pretty.

Not to bring racism or anything like that to this game, but Are you referring to the Panzer tanks from WW II? I'm not going to say what army had them, and I am not sure if anyone knows the answer to that question.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

We have folks that can do artwork. As to gurrila advertising in subways and such I say NO. if it was something like an indi band trying to make a name that type of thing is o.k. as theres no financial gain going on.

But Uniwar is a comercial game. Hence we may, with such actions, get xavi legal issues.

I'm all for Uni T Shirts and such though. I still want to make one for my next sci fi/gaming convention I'll be vending at.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Abie wrote:

Not to bring racism or anything like that to this game, but Are you referring to the Panzer tanks from WW II? I'm not going to say what army had them, and I am not sure if anyone knows the answer to that question.

He's referring to pinzers. The Khral unit
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

TheDragon wrote:We have folks that can do artwork. As to gurrila advertising in subways and such I say NO. if it was something like an indi band trying to make a name that type of thing is o.k. as theres no financial gain going on.

But Uniwar is a comercial game. Hence we may, with such actions, get xavi legal issues.

I'm all for Uni T Shirts and such though. I still want to make one for my next sci fi/gaming convention I'll be vending at.

I don't understand how this could bring Xavi legal issues. He can't control what we do?
void-maker

void-maker

That doesn't matter. If there's an ad which is illegal by some reason, the advertised party usually gets repercussions, 'cause it's much easier to fine/sue them than finding party which actually put the illegal ad.
void-maker

void-maker

Of course if that will be just stickers and not a "full-scale" ad, putting them everywhere will be considered littering, and as precedents say, the company that made litter in question is not to be held responsible for actions of litter-ers. Though the line between littering and illegal advertising is quite blurry...
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

void-maker wrote:That doesn't matter. If there's an ad which is illegal by some reason, the advertised party usually gets repercussions, 'cause it's much easier to fine/sue them than finding party which actually put the illegal ad.

:cry

So graffitiing the Empire State Building with a giant Uniwar logo won't work huh?

Sigh.

Alright. Well. I just don't know then

Thanks gents
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

void-maker wrote:Of course if that will be just stickers and not a "full-scale" ad, putting them everywhere will be considered littering, and as precedents say, the company that made litter in question is not to be held responsible for actions of litter-ers. Though the line between littering and illegal advertising is quite blurry...

Hahhaha i love legal systems. Well. I wouldn't want to get Xavi in any trouble :p sounds risky. Let's get legal in here to give us some direction
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

oh, why FLGS? I was thinking FLAGS (your Friendly Local Ace Gaming Store)

perhaps your Friendly Local Advise Gaming Store

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 01, 2016 18:48

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Abie

Abie

Duaneski wrote:
  Abie wrote:

Yes I know. Pinzer is a similar name to a WW II tank called the Panzer tank. But this doesn't sound like racism or anything like that.
drumstep

drumstep

Abie wrote:
  Duaneski wrote:
  Abie wrote:

Yes I know. Pinzer is a similar name to a WW II tank called the Panzer tank. But this doesn't sound like racism or anything like that.

I'm pretty sure pinzer came from pincer, as in a large claw like lobsters or crabs have.
Forum Index » General Discussion