[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New Uniwar Balance Update discussion
Forum Index » General Discussion
Abie

Abie

We never had any update back in April when the first post was made. But I have a new position on the KvS matchup then I previously had.

In the past I favored improving the matchup in favor of K. However I don't think it is necessary now. I have changed my position from what I posted and said in the past, and I think the matchup is fine. When I win this matchup it's usually because opposing players stick with the same 2-3 units; Garuda, Swarmer, and often an Underling.

I think that a good K player can win this matchup very easily, especially if they know how to use the map to their advantage. The Infector and the Wyrm have to be used With the Underlings in front. Even against helicopters and Marines, K can still win.

I only wish I saved this replay, but there is a game I played on the map "Different Road," the same map that is being used in the Championship August tournament, in which I was S and lost, quite convincingly. When I looked at the game 10 turns in, my opponent had like 3 Wyrms. For me they were nearly impossible to get to with all my mobility. No matter what I did I couldn't get to them. They were blocked by underlings and other units. I don't think I ever saw a Garuda the entire game. As I said a GOOD K player can win this matchup.

I think the reason this matchup challenges a lot of K players is because K has a different early game strategy that can be effective then both the other races have. With both other races they usually go with marauders, Speeders, Copters, Marine, Tank, Plasma. To counter I see K players usually gets the same tiered units. To counter those tier units, they should get Infantry and Artillery.

I see K players get a Wyrm against T all the time on the 3rd move. Why not against some S players when they rush to that helicopter? Block your Wyrm with underlings. K can win this matchup.

If there is a change to K, then I think improve the Swarmer against GH or GL +1.

EDIT: People have said that the Garuda is too squishy against the marine, especially on terrain, which I agree with. However, nobody forces anyone to get a Garuda. I think it is the most useless unit in the game. Maybe give it +1 to defense. Also use the Infector effectively, and u might be able to get rid of the marine problem you face.

I am playing a game now as K in this matchup. I am going to share the replay.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 30, 2016 06:14

[Avatar]
japhib

[Avatar]
japhib

Good thoughts, very interesting, and awesome that you're willing to change your mind. What's the replay? Did you share it?
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

garuda isn't entirely useless. It's meant to be an anti-heli, although it does need some sort of a buff. I'd say buff mobility by 1-3 so it can get very close or give it an ability by maybe giving it power to damage a unit behind the defending unit by 20-25% of what said defending unit receives

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Abie

Abie

japhib wrote:Good thoughts, very interesting, and awesome that you're willing to change your mind. What's the replay? Did you share it?

I have one saved and shared replay now it is named

Replay-643994

This replay is an example of an SvK game in which S won the tricky game.

I also have another replay in which I am going to share however I am still in the game though.

Replay-644332

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Garudas trade supremely well with plasmas, tanks, pinzers, helis, and swarmers.

Yeah you can't indiscriminately spam them and expect a good outcome, but that's sort of the beauty of khrals as currently balanced ... you can win using a different combination of tools.

I don't think they need help. I think swarmers getting +1 GL would help to open some doors for garudas to attack what they're effective against: GH units
Forum Index » General Discussion