[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Send replay link when down voting
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

To help map creators understand why their map is being down voted it would be simple enough to PM the creator of the map a link to the replay of any match where either player has down voted it.

The only concern I can see is some people might not want to down vote at all in case they got into an argument with the map designer. If this is a real concern then the replay would need to have the player names removed. Personally I think the dialogue would be helpful in producing better quality, more original, better balanced maps.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Great suggestion to send a replay link to the author of the map. I do recommend to do it.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I was hoping it would be an automatic thing ...but I will try and remember to do it if I down vote a map.

[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

or at least the option to send the map maker a pm as to why the down (or up) vote. As to extra traffic on the server I've no idea how this could impact the gaming side of the server.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

As a map creator, do I really want to automatically get sent many replays of how people found the map to be broken? Especially considering the wide variance in skill levels that play any given map.

Might actually be a good pay feature hah. Except anyone could do it manually. But as a map maker, I would want there to definitely be restrictions on how many I am sent, or something. Putting it behind a pay wall is an option.

I guess the best option is probably just have people who really ran into a problem manually send a PM with a replay link. It's more work and requires an archive slot. So it has its downsides.... Well, and it's very unlikely anyone will actually do it hah.

Maybe if you notice thumbs down just put your map in the chat and ask what's wrong with it is the best thing. :p

Really went in a circle there...
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I've tried posting in the chat about down votes, but it is optimistic at best to find any of the people in there that down voted your map when you ask your question. What I got was help from other players to help play test and give their opinions but that can still miss some less obvious but equally fatal flaws in some maps.

Perhaps the solution is this is something that is enabled by the map creator. i.e. When you publish a map you have an option to receive replays on down votes (on by default). That way you can turn it off if you are receiving too many.

Also the replays should be stored in the map creators list not the voters list. This would encourage map creators to buy more replay slots, which is more likely as they are obviously more involved with Uniwar.

[Avatar]
Neiko

[Avatar]
Neiko

I would love this as well. Sometimes when I design maps I just don't see the flaws outright, but when I start to see the map flux up/down with votes I'd love to see where the downvotes are coming from (in regards to the map not person). At the end of the day the upvote/downvote is for "FUN" rating, not specifically balance although they usually go hand in hand. So if people are just not enjoying a map even though it's balanced, I'd like to see what occurred in their game to make it "not fun". So It seems the best option here though is to make it so it strips anything identifying about the players, that way as a map creator all I receive is the replay without any identifying information.

In game name is the same as here "Neiko".
Long time Starcraft/Advance wars player before coming to Uniwar. I also try to make balanced maps, so feel free to check out my maps in game and provide me feedback
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

At the very least can we have the votes listed by race combination shown somewhere?

That data could easily identify where issues were, especially if it also showed if the player was 1st or 2nd.

[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Neiko wrote:I would love this as well. Sometimes when I design maps I just don't see the flaws outright, but when I start to see the map flux up/down with votes I'd love to see where the downvotes are coming from (in regards to the map not person). At the end of the day the upvote/downvote is for "FUN" rating, not specifically balance although they usually go hand in hand. So if people are just not enjoying a map even though it's balanced, I'd like to see what occurred in their game to make it "not fun". So It seems the best option here though is to make it so it strips anything identifying about the players, that way as a map creator all I receive is the replay without any identifying information.

Thats one of the issues, prior to ranked team play votes were for fun factor not ballance. There are a ton of fun FFA maps that suck as team maps, also some interestingly fun maps to play solo against bots that are not great for team play.

Sadly we only have the one voting system.

So sadly we need to downvote these fun maps (and probably loose them as well) and up vote the ballanced team maps.

One of the reason why I'm trying to find and book mark interesting maps before they dissapear (maps that have not been played in a while become invisable never to be found again by searching)

We just started up an interesting battle of minas tirth map a few days ago. It looks like fun (I'm one of the orcs) but is it ballanced for team play? Probably not. It's a map from mordor to the great fortress city of Minas Tirth. Is it fun? HELL YEA. The banter so far is worth the game and we are only at turn 3

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
Forum Index » New Feature Request