[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New ways to get or earn Uni-coins
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Due to a general demand, we are launching new ways to earn Uni-coins. We hope that it will help players to buy several incoming features that will require Uni-coin like the NEW UNITS, TOURNAMENT TICKETS, ...

1. Shop: buying uni-coins... that's the fastest way to get them. Currently Available
2. Gifting: players can ONLY gift Uni-coins that have been purchased. This restriction is put in place to prevent harvesting. Currently Available
3. Campaign: Each completed mission within the 1st month of the account will grant uni-coins. (amount TBD between 5 to 25) Available in 1.9.53+
4. Activity: Daily participation by taking your turn will earn you 5 uni-coins. Daily cap:10 uni-coins. Currently Available
5. Tournaments: Players reaching the finals or semi-finals depending on the tournament type will receive uni-coins (up to 1000). Currently available.
6. Score level: Increasing your score (1500, 1600, ...) will trigger one-time milestone rewards. Availability: November
7. Victories: Winning a solo or team game will earn you 20 uni-coins. Daily cap:40 uni-coins. Requirement:10 rounds, random rated or tournament games, Excluded: bot games. Available in 1.9.53+
8. Achievements: it will be possible to earn uni-coins through a huge variety of achievements ranging from unique actions to kill counts, ... Currently available, more coming progressively.
9. Refer A Friend: both the referring player and the new player will receive uni-coins instantly (25) and progressively proportionally to the progress of the new player (max:200). Max 4 referral per player. Availability: TBD
10. Contributions: Frequent participations in chat, creating a map used in a tournament, becoming ranked, receiving positive votes, ... Availability: TBD
... and probably more...

The goal is to allow any active player to be able to buy progressively anything they want in the shop and especially make the new units available to everyone.

This message was edited 18 times. Last update was at Nov 15, 2016 19:44

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

It worries me slightly that with all these new ways to earn Unicoins that even less people will be inclined to spend real money on Uniwar.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

AD. 7.
I propose to make it differ depending against whom do you win, because high-level players tend to move much slower and it's obviously more difficult to win against them.

also I'd like to propose AD. 4 - daily activities.
There could be optional 'display ads' function inside profile that increases your daily uni-income

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 16, 2016 14:56

[Avatar]
Shadowntr

[Avatar]
Shadowntr

Xavi,
Will us old players be given coins retroactivly? Especially for the campain? Probably for some vetrins th sheer amount of milestones and played/won games they have would net them crazy and not realisitc amounts of coins. In that case, Would you simply just provide the new units to them instead of the coins?

Shadowntr

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16, 2016 15:16

The word philosophy sounds high-minded, but it simply means the love of wisdom. If you love something, you don't just read about it; you hug it, you mess with it, you play with it, you argue with it.

- Hugh Jackman

[WWW]
drumstep

drumstep

Shadowntr wrote:Xavi,
Will us old players be given coins retroactivly? Especially for the campain? Probably for some vetrins th sheer amount of milestones and played/won games they have would net them crazy and not realisitc amounts of coins. In that case, Would you simply just provide the new units to them instead of the coins?

Shadowntr

I can't imagine Xavi giving out coins for games already won, that would be disastrous from a business standpoint. The campaign and milestone achievements I hope he does though.
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Will players be given with unicoins if they have already completed campaign ?
>> Unfortunately, no. The campaign has to be completed within the 1st month of the account creation.

Will players be given with unicoins if they have already reached for example 2000 mark.
>> They will only receive the last reward not the other ones. No reward will be given retroactively except the last one on the score

How much will the new Units cost in Uni-coins?
>> The new units will cost between 200 to 500 Uni-coins.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 16, 2016 18:44

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
Shadowntr

[Avatar]
Shadowntr

Xavi,
So are us older players left out in the cold, and the new players get all the perks? Or do you plan some kind of bonus coins for those who first bought the game with cash?

Shadowntr

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16, 2016 19:39

The word philosophy sounds high-minded, but it simply means the love of wisdom. If you love something, you don't just read about it; you hug it, you mess with it, you play with it, you argue with it.

- Hugh Jackman

[WWW]
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Shadowntr wrote:Xavi,
So are us older players left out in the cold, and the new players get all the perks? Or do you plan some kind of bonus coins for those who first bought the game with cash?

Shadowntr

Ye, I'd like that, I mean, it's not fair for us when the people who got the game for free get more than we do

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16, 2016 21:03

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

I believe that you are NOT left in the cold. Most of the earning comes from Activities, Victories & Achievements.
These are recurring earning. All the others are a one-time earning.
It does not make any sense to me to apply retroactive rewards...

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
wolkenwand

wolkenwand

xavi wrote:Will players be given with unicoins if they have already completed campaign ?
>> Unfortunately, no. The campaign has to be completed within the 1st month of the account creation.

Will players be given with unicoins if they have already reached for example 2000 mark.
>> They will only receive the last reward not the other ones. No reward will be given retroactively except the last one on the score

How much will the new Units cost in Uni-coins?
>> The new units will cost between 200 to 500 Uni-coins.

Xavi, if i bought the new unit, is it will available in offline play?
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

I love this decision. My two biggest concerns with Uniwar are 1) the confusing UI, and 2) the challenge for newbies to learn the game. Giving unicoins for completing the missions is a great way to encourage new players to really learn the rules. I think what happens for lots of new players is that they try the first few missions, find them boring, and jump to online play, where they encounter units (and even races) that they know nothing about. Then they get wrecked and think that the game is stupid. The campaign is a tutorial and I am sooooo pleased that unicoins will be given for completing missions. That will really help improve new player retention.

The bigger issue with unicoins is, how long will it take to earn enough for all the new units without buying unicoins directly? While I have no problem shelling out for coins to support the best game ever (check my in-game profile, I'm a whale and fan of best value), I'm in a lucky position in that regards to have disposable income for my games. While the system might be a fair one in a vacuum, will it seem fair to those who have already paid for the game and now have to grind out unicoins to earn the new units? It's not a seamless transition from a paid app, to a free app with games, to a ftp / pay to avoid grind game.

It's a tough balancing act, devs, good luck!
[Avatar]
Lunatyk

[Avatar]
Lunatyk

I think that the system is almost perfect as it is.
The activity reward is quite good. Earning 5 unicoins per played turn, means 20 per day if you have 4 matches ==> 100 per five days.
And since the new units will cost between 200 and 500, it might take less that 2 weeks (14days ==> 280 unicoins) to buy them. Which is pretty awesome for a free way to earn them !
The only thing I'm worried about is people bullying weaker players just to earn more victories (and more unicoins obviously). There should be a condition, that players only earn unicoins in a victory if the opponent's score is not too far from theirs

The new update is going to be available tomorrow right?? (it's the last day of September)

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Sep 29, 2016 21:55

[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

I confirm that units will be available offline when bought.

We have a small delay on the features supposed to be delivered on September (rewards...) These are coming for sure this week.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
Lunatyk

[Avatar]
Lunatyk

xavi wrote:I confirm that units will be available offline when bought.

We have a small delay on the features supposed to be delivered on September (rewards...) These are coming for sure this week.

Thanks for the feedback Xaxi !
PhillipTheTank

PhillipTheTank

Lunatyk wrote:
  xavi wrote:I confirm that units will be available offline when bought.

Thanks for the feedback Xaxi !

Any update?
Forum Index » New Feature Request