[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Changing attack damage without gang-up bonus, same unit
Forum Index » General Discussion
Nostradamus

Nostradamus

I am pretty sure the topic is not new but I can not find a corresponding thread in the forum.

In Short: The attack-damage of a unit changes due to other attacks which have nothing to do with gang-up or the unit.

Longer: titan vs. krahleans. If I attack 9hp-pinzer from distance with 10hp-walker as first attack of a turn, the damage is e.g. 4.. When I first attack other units, walker and pinzer not involved and then looking for possible walker-to-pinzer-damage it is suddenly only 3. A few other attacks (destroyed enemy units??) and at last the walker-to-pinzer-damage is only 2. To repeat, the pinzer and walker are not involved in any way before. No gang-up, both still 10/9hp, no uv, ...
Somehow the attacks to other units have influence.

What is this about? Is there a weighting / leveling if the overall existent enemy units are weaker that an attack is rated down?
The (interesting) attack-formula I found in another thread (from simverd) does not contain such a variable....

Andreas, ~2050, registered 3 month ago...
GOUT

GOUT

A "random" string of numbers between 0 and 1 is generated at the start of each turn. This string does not change until the next player's turn. The random numbers determine damage depending whether they are greater or less than the P value. Changing the order of attack (even if not gangup) changes which numbers in the string are used for which attacks and can thus change damage.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

actually the damage string does not change, using units of different health does use different amounts of the string. a 10 health unit attacking a 10 health unit would use 4 times the number or random numbers than a 5 health on a 5 health unit. So if you did the second first then 25% of the former string was used for the first attack and have a new set (former 75% plus the next 25% of numbers to calculate damage

Hope that helps

consider each number a Dice roll. I think each health point gets 6 dice roll so in the above example the first attack would be 120 dice but shifting the smaller one first would use up the first 30 dice and the bigger attack would use the next 30 dice in line

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

It's the random factor like posts above.

Tip : If you start the turn with bad roll, attack something easy or unimportant first.
Then when your random factor turn better, it's a time make your prime shot.

For example. You a start your turn and find that your 10hp garuda will do 3hp damage to enemy's copter.
Then you know for sure your roll are really bad.
So you send your 10hp swarmer to kill 3hp marine instead. Since it will alway success regardless of your luck.
Then your random factor change. And you find your garuda will make 4-5 hp damage to enemy's copter.
Forum Index » General Discussion