[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
18 New units are coming...
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Yes, 18... You read well! 6 per race, multiplied by 3 races. Is that enough for you ?
The creation process of the new units has started. I will release more info along the next days. Here is the beginning:

1. Tank buster units (available since 1.9.80)
Goal: to inflict high damage to heavy ground units from ranged attacks

2. Amphibian units (available since 1.9.90)
Goal: to increase diversity in naval fights and favor skirmish from ranged attacks. Amphibians are versatile units that can go on land and in water.

3. Cheap under water units (will ship soon)
Goal: to counter heavy aquatic units.

4. Units of Mass destruction (TBD)
Goal: to break defense walls with AOE. These units are the most powerful and destructive units in the game. They will be expensive and one time use with a very long cool down.

5. Anti aerial unit (TBD)
Goal: to counter standoff aerial fights.

6. Terrain mutator units. (cancelled due to changing the fundamental game mechanics)
Goal: to transform terrain.

EDIT: there will take some time after the subs are released before any new units will be considered.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Oct 31, 2017 21:56

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
saiberblade

saiberblade

AoE damn hahaja seem like use nuke for human,plasma for titan,and acid for kharleans. Tankbuster like anti tank cannon
[Avatar]
GYFU

[Avatar]
GYFU

Sounds exciting! When will it be implemented?
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Thank you for the update Xavi!

Freakin awesome and exciting!

When you mentioned terrain mutation in chat the other day, I totally thought you were joking... well played haha

And I think we can all be excited to nuke a turtling Titan for the first time curious to see what new tools the Titans got, and how this brave new world will shake out
[Avatar]
CHN.RKDTG

[Avatar]
CHN.RKDTG

GYFU wrote:Sounds exciting! When will it be implemented?

这能不能实现还是个未知数

ni hao wo shi xiao an:)
[Avatar]
earth

[Avatar]
earth

Sounds great... looking forward to being able to try these in a battle.

Any realistic ideas of time frame when we can see these in the game.

Thanks

Earth
[Avatar]
GYFU

[Avatar]
GYFU

CHN.RKDTG wrote:
  GYFU wrote:Sounds exciting! When will it be implemented?

这能不能实现还是个未知数
嗯,我看也够呛……
Yeah, I also feel not sure about it.
[Avatar]
GYFU

[Avatar]
GYFU

I think transforming terrain could be set as a special ability or attribute rather than a specific unit type's exclusive function. E.g. A unit that attacks with nuke. The nuke is an AOE weapon which can level the mountains and wipe out the woods, making them plains or sand fields.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I know you aren't looking for submissions or anything , but here's what I am thinking for terraformers!

Bulldozer - Saps
Transform one dune into a plains tile - no cooldown
Once you bulldoze 3 dunes gain special transform - one plains or dune into a mountain
5 defense
3 attack
300 cost

* let's saps smooth out a map for more marauder fun, and erect mountains for marine love

Terraform Ray - Titans
*special ability: terraform: cost 100
Transform one mountain hex into a dune - 5 turn cooldown

3 defense
0 attack
200 cost

* seems like reducing mountains would be the biggest boon for Titans. Especially against those pesky bugs ? High cost and cooldown ensure this would be a costly investment for the Titan. (I added a cost to use the ability, in the likely event that is a nuisance to implement, then I would make the cost of the unit 400).

Treearch (tree-roach?)
*Bury
4 defense
No attack
The Treearch can BECOME a forest tile on top of a dune or plains tile (one time use, then unit goes away) - while becoming a forest this unit can be attacked and destroyed (like capturing a base). Also makes this a one time use unit.
Cost 200

*bugs gotta love them trees. This was the best way I could figure to give the bugs more trees (seemed more natural for the terraform ray really )
[Avatar]
legia

[Avatar]
legia

xavi wrote:6. Terrain mutator units.

I have some concerns about this idea. It could be very dangerous type of unit for map balance.

I am somekind of veteran here. Check my videos about UniWar on YouTube: LINK.
Playlist in English: LINK.

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

legia wrote:
  xavi wrote:6. Terrain mutator units.

I have some concerns about this idea. It could be very dangerous type of unit for map balance.

Yeah it definitely could be.

What do you think of the unit ideas I posted? those seemed like they'd be pretty hard to break a map with? Dunno
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Maybe if the terraforming was applied randomly? Dunno. Good point.

I think these units really represent a different game and we need to view them as such. Old strategies and maps are out the window. So many new possibilities here, it's a bit staggering.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

mistercreepy wrote:Maybe if the terraforming was applied randomly? Dunno. Good point.

I think these units really represent a different game and we need to view them as such. Old strategies and maps are out the window. So many new possibilities here, it's a bit staggering.

Honestly I think it needs to be the opposite of random. Very specific. Effectiveness should be dictated by cost or opportunity.

Forests cost might need increases. 200 per tile might be too cheap. But consider that investment early in the game... one forest tile and I've got two extra infantry ?

I think creation of mountain or destruction of mountain tiles have the biggest implication. So increasing cost and cooldown seem the best way to me.

There will be play testing though. If it's OP increase unit cost?
medricel

medricel

Terrain modification? Maybe make units that build roads and bridges? Allow ground to pass 1~2 hexes of water, and heavies get to cross mountains? Also reduce movement costs for all land units?
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

medricel wrote:Terrain modification? Maybe make units that build roads and bridges? Allow ground to pass 1~2 hexes of water, and heavies get to cross mountains? Also reduce movement costs for all land units?

I love it

Or, at least for Titans / saps this makes sense

I guess khral could do some burrowing stuff. Underground tunnels for GH that are like 3-5 hexes would be pretty insane

Forum Index » New Feature Request