[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Tournament rules
Forum Index » Tournaments
Pencot

Pencot

hi all,
i just played the round 3 of the tournament Autumn 16 Titan vs Titan. In match 1 I won after 22 turns. Match 2 did not finish after 10 days. When finished we was at turn 19, my opponent had 5 bases and I had 3. In the same turn (19) of the match 1 that I won, I had 6 or 7 bases. So I was sure to pass the round 3 but instead ny opponent passes. The tournament rule is:

For unfinished games at the end of a round, we compare the statistics of the same number of turns for each player, the winner is the one who has
1. Captured the highest number of bases
2. The highest total value of killed units
Otherwise, the game is a draw.

In total he killed more units than I but point 1. is the first evaluated so it should make me the winner. So what's wrong?
thank you
Gr8M8

Gr8M8

Those two rules only affect SINGLE games, not both games. It went this way:

Game 1: You won in 22 rounds.
Game 2: The time run out at the 19th round. Let's use the rules:

Your opponent had five bases and you had three. That means he won game 2, killed units have nothing to do with this.

Then, if each player wins one game, the one who won in less round win. You won game 1 and he won game 2:
You won in 22 rounds
Your opponent won in 19 rounds.
That means you're out.

This trick is called time manipulation. To avoid this kind of things, try to keep both games at the same number of rounds.
Pencot

Pencot

Gr8M8 wrote:Those two rules only affect SINGLE games, not both games. It went this way:

Game 1: You won in 22 rounds.
Game 2: The time run out at the 19th round. Let's use the rules:

Your opponent had five bases and you had three. That means he won game 2, killed units have nothing to do with this.

Then, if each player wins one game, the one who won in less round win. You won game 1 and he won game 2:
You won in 22 rounds
Your opponent won in 19 rounds.
That means you're out.

This trick is called time manipulation. To avoid this kind of things, try to keep both games at the same number of rounds.

Ok, clear
Thank you

Maybe comparing the two games in the way I wrote could avoid time manipulation...
kikoho

kikoho

I just get out with time manipulation of quarter final in titan by titan.

I win in 17 round (finish game) the other didn t finish (round 14 ) but was still close . He win it because 6 base against 5 . So he win . I didn t realize that i will lose, or i will ask more time to end those match ....

I think that totally stupid way of counting the one who will go in next turn. This is a strategie games, why dont make best player win ??

I feel
Rules that could avoid this :

If One of two games is not finish . just compare both game on the last commun turn of the 2 matches.

The win condition that give the winnner by looking number of turn of win games should be used only in one case: if the 2 game have ended without time condition.

I wish something like taht will be implemented fastly, because those rules are just no sense for me

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 11, 2016 09:26

Selexcis

Selexcis

That is a good point. if any games are unfinished, rewind the game to the last common turn and compare statistics then. Person with more bases captured wins, if that is tied, then most units on the board at that point of the game wins.
Forum Index » Tournaments