[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Sapiens vs Sapiens need help plz
Forum Index » Sapiens
Papageno

Papageno

Everytime a fight like this is coming up, i lose and so, i would like to get some advices on which strategy is best to use.
Papageno

Papageno

Losted 3 sapiens fights since post was made..
[Avatar]
japhib

[Avatar]
japhib

In my opinion, SvS is all about poke and countering.

Poke: Saps have the unique opportunity of having a very fast unit that can move 2x in one turn: the Marauder. This is very useful for picking off weak enemy units and then retreating back to the safety of your own army. On larger, open maps with lots of flat ground, this poke style of marauders kind of wins everything, especially because if the marauders are backed by an engineer, they can repair extremely quickly. The best thing is when you can poke down a marine that is standing in front of a helicopter. If you are positioned right, you can sometimes use 3 or 4 marauders and maybe one marine to poke down and kill a whole helicopter. This is one of the most credit-efficient trades you can make.

Countering: Every unit has a counter. For example, marauders are good against batteries since they can get around the defenses and through zones of control to cause damage to them. Marines on mountain/forest are good against helicopters. Tanks are only semi-good, as a front-line unit, usually against other tanks. Marauders are really good at killing engineers too.

I actually have a lower overall score than you right now in Uniwar, but I main Saps and I like to think I'm decent at SvS. If you have a particular replay you want help with, message me in-game and I'd be happy to give you feedback. If nothing else, I can at least give you a different perspective.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Papageno wrote:Everytime a fight like this is coming up, i lose and so, i would like to get some advices on which strategy is best to use.

I am gonna be completely honest with you.. almost EVERYTHING I know about SvS I learned from this incredibly entertaining and high quality video:

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R4yCpkMNwGU[/youtube]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R4yCpkMNwGU

I would be more than happy to play some SvS matches with you. But as a new player the above video gave me a very good understand of Uniwar strategy and SvS strategy in particular. As a result SvS has for a long time been one of my most comfortable matchups. (I don't win 100% of them by any means, but I feel competitive in all of them!)

So, take the time and watch the video if possible and send me an invite any time as well

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 26, 2016 23:08

[Avatar]
legia

[Avatar]
legia

you can also watch my video tutorials.
Links below in signature.

I am somekind of veteran here. Check my videos about UniWar on YouTube: LINK.
Playlist in English: LINK.

Papageno

Papageno

Thanks guys, the overhaull answer seems to be marauder, i havnt had any sap vs sap today, but next one, ill be making more of them, gotta break into the 2000k mark huehuehue.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

For all of you fresh meats our there, SvS is basically modern warfare and modern warfare is about maneuverability. Air superiority is a mainly a primary in modern warfare (especiallt for USA), but there are possible ways to get around it, but more likely, stick to aerial superiority or in every Sapien player's case, get into the Marauder war. Besides that, more importantly, modern warfare incorperates combined arms doctorine, which means balancing your arsenal as is said, Sapiens is the most balanced race in Uniwar. Kind regards

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 20, 2017 19:16

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Forum Index » Sapiens