[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Network Error
Forum Index » Bug Reports
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

This area is a bit weak IMHO.

Firstly I don't think the app handles switching from wifi to 3g to new wifi very well. e.g. I start at home, walk to work, then get on work's wifi. In all cases I have a valid connection but the game can sometime need restarting before it gets it right and/or turning off/on my wi-fi.

The thing from the UI that bugs me though is the dialog popup "Network Error. [tick] [cross]". Eh? Does it make a difference which one I choose? What does either actually mean? I guess tick is retry and cross is cancel, but both seem to do the same thing as there is an automatic timer that tries to reconnect anyway. I think cancel works better as it seems to try and make a new connection but I am really not sure.

I think some better error handling in this area would probably fix most of the issues. Specifically I have noticed that losing the wifi e.g. as you walk out of range, really causes the game connection issues.
My suggestion would be the dialog in that case should be "wi-fi connection lost. Retry, Use mobile network, off-line". And in the case of off-line you drop back to the main menu where the online offline menu is and stop trying to get a new connection.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Forum Index » Bug Reports