[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
UW Duaneski Training
Forum Index » Guides & Tips
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

This is a WIP. Suggestions or more training ideas are appreciated !!

UW Duaneski Training thread - goes along with map "Uniwar Duaneski training episode 1"

***NOTE: player one should always end their turn immediately when starting!!! /NOTE***

The scenarios are ordered as follows:
Scenario 1 is in the upper left hand corner. Scenario 2 is below it, continuing down the map until scenario 5 at the bottom. Scenario 6 is to the right of scenario 1. The scenario order continues in this fashion.

The idea is to train uniwarriors on some Uniwar fundamentals. I hope it helps!

Scenario 1:
This scenario tests THREE important things.
1. gangup bonus. You have the opportunity for a +3 gangup here. If you aren't sure what that means, ask the person playing this with you for more information or send me a message!
2. Covering a base with move after attack. This is important here because you do not have your own base, so you'll soon be outnumbered on this scenario. Covering the base doesn't allow p1 to bring in reinforcements. In regular games you will cover a base to threaten a base capture, or to prevent your opponent from building troops. Otherwise, there is no reason to cover because it gives your GH a -1 defense!
3. Attack order. In this scenario you want to protect your mecha's health. He will take a lot less damage if you attack with the speeder first. Hopefully this will help him stay alive to capture the base!

Scenario 2:
This scenario tests your ability to procure good gang up bonuses, as well as your ability to protect damaged troops. Try to move the speeders you attack with at first back TWO hexes, and cover them with the speeders who attack last by moving those speeders in front of the more hurt speeders. Then you can heal them for +4 the next turn

Scenario 3:
This is a simple question scenario: which would you rather have? 8 infantry, or a 500 cost unit and 3 infantry? The answer depends on a lot of factors, but let's test it at a fundamental level with some favorable terrain and see what happens.

Scenario 4:
Capture the base. This scenario is all about blocking. This at time requires a good deal of thought, but "blocking" is one of the most important things in the game. Make good choices here and the base is yours.

When you think your troops are in the correct position, click on your opponents troops one by one to see where they can attack. If two helicopters can attack your mecha, you have failed - you'll have to start again. If only one can attack, you're likely in good shape.

Scenario 5:
Capture the base. Pretend the neutral base is actually a blue base, and make sure you cover it after you kill the marine. (The map editor doesn't let me put a marine on a red base). This is a common scenario. The opponent has a clearly overwhelming force here, you don't need to kill it you just need to stall it to take the base.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 05, 2016 03:46

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I've got a replay from these five scenarios in my
Profile in game. It is the match with InDisguise. Feel free to check it out.

This project is still very new, very much a WIP. I really want feedback from players looking to advance to the 2000 level, as this is geared for those guys

[link://0,8119081,UW Duanesk98165,0,0,2,0,0,0,44809,UW Duaneski training episode 1,0]

This replay shows up as UW DUANESK98165 in my profile.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 13, 2018 17:16

[Avatar]
lodeous

[Avatar]
lodeous

Looks nice

I am a Quaternion: one part real, three parts imaginary.
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Love the idea, can't wait to check them out!
Forum Index » Guides & Tips