[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
3 Minute Speed FFA Tournament Livestream Event ~~UPDATE~~
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
EnnuiGoblin

[Avatar]
EnnuiGoblin

Hey there folks!

So it looks like there's a good bit of interest in this event, so I'll be moving things forward.

Here's what I'm thinking, because Uniwar players come from so many different time zones, the preliminary rounds will be organized into 2-6 separate open-invitation 8 player FFA ELIMINATION rounds (number of rounds will depend on how many player sign up to compete). Winners from these rounds will automatically advance to the LIVE GRAND FINAL!

Runner ups to each each elimination round will go on to play in the SEMI-FINAL round. The winner of that round will go on to play in the last open spot of the LIVE GRAND FINAL!

The player designations for the elimination rounds will be organized into timezones, then the tourneys will be run during evening hours for each game's timezone. So far I'm thinking we organize into Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5:00) for North American players and Western European Time (UTC-0:00) for European players. Let me know if you guys think we should add another timezone for other players to join. So if you wish to sign up, please reply to this thread with your username and which of these two timezones you fall under and what days of the week are best for you to play live. Remember, we are looking for players who are willing to play until they are eliminated or the game has ended, PLEASE NO EARLY QUITTING! Leaving an FFA match prematurely causes major imbalances for the remaining players, so we please ask that competitors be willing to stick it out to the end.

No official confirmations on guest announcers, but a few names have come up, so more updates on that front as things develop.

Tournament start date has not yet been decided, but looking to do this next month during the holidays. The games will probably be run during the weekend, but I'm open to suggestions if others would like a weekday as well.

Finally, did I mention that this tournament will have PRIZES PRIZES PRIZES!?

1st Place - $25
2nd Place - $10
3rd Place - $5

PLUS each game I will hold a raffle for FREE UNICOINS for anyone watching the games in the twitch stream!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 08, 2016 06:17

Check out my Youtube channel "EnnuiGoblin Games" to watch coverage of Uniwar Tournaments, strategy tactics, and livestream events.

Youtube: www.youtube.com/c/EnnuiGoblinGames

Twitter: @EnnuiGoblin
[Email]
[Avatar]
EnnuiGoblin

[Avatar]
EnnuiGoblin

While I'm at it, this would also be a good place for players to make map suggestions. PLAYER CREATED MAPS ARE WELCOME TO BE SUBMITTED!

See you all on the battlefield!

-EnnuiGoblin

This message was edited 10 times. Last update was at Nov 08, 2016 06:19

Check out my Youtube channel "EnnuiGoblin Games" to watch coverage of Uniwar Tournaments, strategy tactics, and livestream events.

Youtube: www.youtube.com/c/EnnuiGoblinGames

Twitter: @EnnuiGoblin
[Email]
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

sign me up

As shown, my username remains the same (LkASr) and I fall under the US eastern timezone (technically, I fall under the US pacific time zone, which is 3 hours behind) and my best day to join in is at saturday and sunday nights (could also go for friday night as well, assuming if the speed tourney starts before I get to apply on a job (which starts at 7am-3pm on tuesday-saturday)).

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Corrin

[Avatar]
Corrin

I might enter if my schedule is open.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08, 2016 06:58

どうぞよろしく。わたしはトビンです。おなまえは?
[Avatar]
wumbodin

[Avatar]
wumbodin

I want to join. My timezone is at GMT + 7 i have 12 hours gap with new york. if you play on saturday evening ill be at sunday morning. So i still can do that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 17, 2016 00:49

I wumbo. You wumbo. He- she- me... wumbo. Wumbo; Wumboing; We'll have thee wumbo; Wumborama; Wumbology; the study of Wumbo. It's first grade, dude
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

I'm in if I can make the time slot. gmt+8 but weekend mornings (which would be USA evenings) are hard for me to commit to with little kids. Potentially I could do the Europe one.

Can you give specific start times?

As for a map I think that hunger games by luis91 is a fun one.

Edit - that map is only six person... Whoops ...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08, 2016 07:55

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Yeah if it works with me and the Mrs schedule I am definitely in. Just need to have it not be a day something is alreAdy planned aaaand whatnot and should be good.

Maybe some new map tiles will be in the rotation by the time this goes live, so maybe hold out on the map selection just in case? (I don't know 8 player maps though TBH, I never play 8 player games )
[Avatar]
Adonayk

[Avatar]
Adonayk

Im in
[Avatar]
San6g8

[Avatar]
San6g8

Could have sworn I answered before... Yeah I'm in, although i'm definitely gonna be the first to lose, gonna need some training buddies :p
time zone is -4:00
PabloBR

PabloBR

I want to join too, my time zone is Gtm +1 , so the europe one is ok to me

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 10, 2016 20:20

Jade Hawk

Jade Hawk

I'll try my hand at this. Timezone is GMT Greenwich Mean Time for me.
korc

korc

Oh man, this is gonna be fun, count me in. UTC/GMT +1
Perfect timing for me - late night.
[Avatar]
lodeous

[Avatar]
lodeous

Hey I would love to participate in this. I'm in the Mountain Time zone. I could do this on a Friday afternoon or anytime Saturday. I would not be able to participate on Sunday.

I am a Quaternion: one part real, three parts imaginary.
Deepdao

Deepdao

Sign me up! I'm in Los Angeles California. Pacific time zone. I can do whenever, weekends best most likely.
Bakes

Bakes

Bakes
EST

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 17, 2016 02:49

Forum Index » General Discussion