[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Chess Mode
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Snakpak

Snakpak

tl;dr Give us an option to only move X number of units per turn instead of all of our units, also give us the ability to turn RNG off for the map creating new gametypes that have a separate ranking

I was trying to think of how chess and Uniwar are similar/different. Uniwar has some parallels with chess. I think the biggest difference is that in Uniwar you can move all of your troops once per turn. In chess you only get one single move. I propose an option in map maker for limiting the number of units you can move in one turn. This would add an entirely new way to play Uniwar. I think only one move would only work on very small maps with only one or two bases per side, but it would provide a very interesting game. Some of you may be thinking that the pace would be slow and boring but I disagree. I think if the map is catered to it specifically then it could be very very fun. Also I don't think moves should always be limited to one (Chess) or infinite(Uniwar as we know it). It could very easily be set to 5 moves or 2 or something. This would cause all sorts of new strategies. The only problems I forsee would be possibly breaking the marauder because it would still have two moves for the price of one, but it wouldn't be any more or less powerful, I don't think. The other issue would be the RNG, which I think should be another option that can be turned on and off in the map editor. Many people have suggested that that be in Uniwar already, and I think making it a toggle-able option is the way to go. These two features combined woulds make for new games modes that could have separate queues than the vanilla version of Uniwar which could still exist perfectly fine. These gametypes would have different rankings the way that your team ranking doesn't affect your single player rank. Thoughts?
Forum Index » New Feature Request