[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
IAP for extra time
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Do you find it useful to have an IAP to extend your turn time duration?
Yes 12% [ 2 ]
Maybe 12% [ 2 ]
No 65% [ 11 ]
Unsure / I don't know 12% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17
[Avatar]
lodeous

[Avatar]
lodeous

Xavi is considering adding an IAP to buy extra time. The IAP would be limited to prevent abuse and would not intended as a vacation mode. The IAP would not be able to use in tournament games.
What do you think? Would this be a useful feature? Do you have any reservations about this feature?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 28, 2016 16:00

I am a Quaternion: one part real, three parts imaginary.
TheCero

TheCero

Not so sure.. I think most people would allow some extra time already, IF it's asked for in advance. But there are a few individuals that will not even if asked for.. Maybe if it's very limited to avoid abuse. But i don't see myself buying it.

I think improving map editor and voting system would be best use of time for next project over doing the IAP time extending

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 16, 2016 04:50

[Avatar]
wumbodin

[Avatar]
wumbodin

Im just simply asking for a time. And even if i get skipped im fine. It is just a game after all.

I wumbo. You wumbo. He- she- me... wumbo. Wumbo; Wumboing; We'll have thee wumbo; Wumborama; Wumbology; the study of Wumbo. It's first grade, dude
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Honestly:

I don't see a big market for this feature currently, personally. Like >75% of non tourney games, both sides don't skip and that's without even asking. I have not once encountered a situation where a side asked and the other didn't comply.

With that in mind, where you could see some ROI with this feature, is if you also go to an 'autoskip' style. It has been discussed in the past and if appropriate options are available (ability to turn on or off for ranked or unranked play. Always set to on for tourney.) , I believe most if not all were in favor of it.

I think there would be a significant amount of people setting their profile to ranked auto skip, so that would perhaps prompt people to buy your proposed feature.

That's just my take on it. Either way the feature would be "nice to have" , but i just don't imagine a big market for it (of course I could be crazy wrong)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 16, 2016 05:10

[Avatar]
Uniwarpoland

[Avatar]
Uniwarpoland

The main problem is that if I don't have time to make my moves I wouldn't have time to buy extra time.
It would be the best if I could buy some extra time just in case one of my rated games will hit 0:00.
Non rated games aren't important.
It could be good IAP for lower ranked players as for their rated games around 1500-1800 it's hard to ask for more time and almost every one don't care who is asking and why.
Disadvantages: games would be longer so some players can feel bored when their games are still prolonging.

TIPS, TRICKS & videos from UniWar Poland Youtube channel: LINK.
Poradnik dla początkujących: LINK.

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I doubt I'd buy this feature. However I'd be tempted by this...

I think a better IAP would be to have a bot move for you if your opponent tries to skip you.

When your opponent presses Skip flash "Auto Move Activated" on screen and the bot makes your move. I think a bot move is probably better than doing nothing in most cases (certainly in later game), but as the bots are barely rated 1500 I wouldn't care if people used this in rated or tournament games. If this happened 3 times in a row the player is still kicked.

This means for most cases where people are happy to let you have more time nothing changes, but if you do get skipped then you get a monkey move for you.

Also it might encourage someone to make better bots as you could charge more for a better bot to move for you. If you are not 100 grades above a bot then you can't use it, except for the current 1500 rated bots which would be the default.
e.g. IAPs
Auto Bot Basic $500
Auto Bot 1600 $1250
Auto Bot 1700 $3000
Auto Bot 1800 $7000

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
volf

[Avatar]
volf

I would possibly pay for a time bank. One time affects all my games. Not a buy every time I want extra time. And time bank could be used in tournaments possibly
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

For me, I would have it if I've been working and doing other things, but there should be a limit to how many you can get to prevent abuse

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
cmbaptist

[Avatar]
cmbaptist

People that sincerely need time generally ask for it and likewise when courtesy is show by asking, it's usually given in return by an opponent whose willing to wait. I skip and have been skipped but never after having asked for time, to me an IAP that grants more time defeats the purpose of having time in the first place.

Psalms 100:5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
[Avatar]
lodeous

[Avatar]
lodeous

Thank you everyone for your opinions and response! We have cancelled the development of the this feature due to lack of interest.

I am a Quaternion: one part real, three parts imaginary.
[Avatar]
firstkyne

[Avatar]
firstkyne

Uniwarpoland wrote:The main problem is that if I don't have time to make my moves I wouldn't have time to buy extra time.
It would be the best if I could buy some extra time just in case one of my rated games will hit 0:00.
Non rated games aren't important .

Exactly this.
It would have to kick in automatically to save me when something had stopped me from taking my turn. It would have to NOT rescue non rated games.

A bridge hex, air defence hex, and a minor capture point hex are much bigger priorities for me, as players have been asking for these for literally years.
Forum Index » New Feature Request