[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Uniwar World Record Game: Infinitecoin Civil War
Forum Index » General Discussion
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Over here in China, a civil war has been raging on for almost three years. Khralean horde versus Khralean horde. Will the Hong Kong sect led by @jahardman be able to secede, or will the overbearing resources of the motherland, marshalled under @apgalbraith, crush all dissent? Forget the umbrella revolution, people, it's the Uniwar revolution.

war report:

the trenches:

Key stats to highlight:
Over 5 million credits worth of units have been destroyed
Over 1500 rounds played
-13,350 credits per turn (what does that even mean?!?!?!?)

Major props to my friends @apgalbraith and @jahardman for never giving up the fight and really representing the true Uniwar spirit.

apgalbraith's war cry:

cheese

cheese

Holy cow!
[Avatar]
wumbodin

[Avatar]
wumbodin

The F did i just see.

I wumbo. You wumbo. He- she- me... wumbo. Wumbo; Wumboing; We'll have thee wumbo; Wumborama; Wumbology; the study of Wumbo. It's first grade, dude
[Avatar]
lodeous

[Avatar]
lodeous

mistercreepy wrote:
Key stats to highlight:
Over 5 million credits worth of units have been destroyed
Over 1500 rounds played
-13,350 credits per turn (what does that even mean?!?!?!?)

Lol, looks like there were so many base credits/turn it overflowed the integer value.
In reality it seems like he should be getting 4294953946 credits/turn (over 4 billion), and that is assuming the value only overflowed once! Signed 32-bit integers can only store up to approximately 2 billion. When you go beyond that it "overflows" and it becomes a negative number. Congrats on breaking the base credits

I am a Quaternion: one part real, three parts imaginary.
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Lodeous that actually doesn't make sense. Map is 30x30, two mountain tiles and all bases, so 898 total bases at 150 credits each doesn't get to billions per turn.

I think it's more likely that the database value for bases is where the overflow is happening. The credits per turn is just -89x150. Could the cap be around 380ish? Does that number make any sense? Because apgalbraith has -89 bases and jahardman -37 (I just received his screenshot didn't post it), so if the cap was around 380 that would put their combined bases close to 898.
[Avatar]
lodeous

[Avatar]
lodeous

I didn't consider that, maybe the database stores it with a lower bit value like 16-bits.

I am a Quaternion: one part real, three parts imaginary.
Forum Index » General Discussion