[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Special unit benefits affecting a teammate
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
revZloco

[Avatar]
revZloco

What do you think about the idea of allowing teamed matches to share the benefits of special units? So team 1-player 1 builds an infector and team1-player 2's units are in a front line dog-fight – they could use the player 1's infector to heal. Could this work with cross-racial units or just same race teams? Would it just convolute the whole thing? Don't know, just a thought...
Anonymous

Anonymous
i always thought this made sense only if two players on the same team were the same race. this would add a level of nuance to the team strategy aspect of the game.

i do know that teammates can convert their teammates troops, e.g. khralean infector can convert a teammate's sapien troop.
[Avatar]
Gargoyle

[Avatar]
Gargoyle

I lke the idea, but with the caveat of being the same race.

Just to throw some gas on the fire, what do you think of a teammate's Titans being immune from your EMP?
Anonymous

Anonymous
This is Unimarobj.
Amen to both ideas. RevZloco and I tested that in a recent game.
Gargoyle plays Titans and I play Sapiens together a lot...always thought that was annoying.

I don't like teammate's titans being immune to EMPs. After all if you capture a mecha it's shut down as well when you EMP, and if a khralean captures a sapien it can catch the plague as well.

The friendly fire aspect means you have to use some caution, and that's always good (besides EMP is too powerful as it is)

Healing friendly units though, I do like that.
The Dogalyst

The Dogalyst

Yes, the game mechanics and unit abilities have to have some coherency, be logically consistent. An EMP blast is non-discriminating. If anything, the EMP should have an impact on Sapien Helis, as I'm sure much of their firepower comes from advanced computer-guided weapons. Perhaps reduce their attach strength (i.e. they only have their conventional guns).
Unimarobj

Unimarobj

I see. Good point there 5200.
Do you think that the friendly healing units feature could be added soon?
Anonymous

Anonymous
Just to weigh in, I agree that friendly units should not be immune to EMPs. An EMP is an EMP -- no difference between a friendly and a hostile one. And like 5200 said, it makes you think more about the consequence of your actions, if you have a titan ally nearby. Wouldn't want to change that.

As for being able to heal friendly units, I think it only makes sense if you and your ally are of the same race. Would make team games more interesting, and allow for more interactions between players, so I like it.

And like Unimarobj & Anon mentioned, it can be a lot of fun to convert your teammate's units. Gamer86 and I have played a few team games where he teleports his damaged mechas next to my engineer behind the front lines. I reprogram and heal 'em, then send 'em back to fight again. It has really made a difference more than once, especially since Mecha II is stronger than a Mecha. I've done similar things with assimilators and infectors. In all cases the converted unit is stronger than the starting unit, so it is not a bad strategy. (The fact that cyber underlings can attack and defend vs aerial units can make a major difference -- with enough silver spiders, you can even take down a copter -- especially if they're buried!)
[Avatar]
Kevor

[Avatar]
Kevor

Sorry, last post was by me. System put me in as "anonymous" for some reason. (This gets annoying after a while... hope they fix that bug soon...)

No battle plan survives contact with the enemy...
(Helmuth von Moltke, Generalfeldmarschall of the Prussian Army)
brainiac

brainiac

another one of my ideas being mentioned by someone else... and i think that friendly support units should help your units regardless of race.
Forum Index » New Feature Request