[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
SEASON mode
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Would you play in season mode?
yes and I agree with A) winter global factor 80% [ 8 ]
yes but without A) winter global factor 20% [ 2 ]
no :-( 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

Proposal for the new uniwar mode. Could be as well an option to turn on/off in the map creation centre - that 2nd option could be more fun as it could be connected with CTF mode for example.
Please let me know what do you think.

SEASON mode
Default target: take all bases (as regular).
Optional: set number of turns for a season to change = [1, 2, 3]. So max. 12 turns / 'year'.
Everything stays the same, along with perimetres of tiles, except these marked in '+,-'; these marks the values derrived from the basic value of those tiles...

WHY WE NEED THIS?
+ we need mod that is exceptional for Uniwar, in opposite for CTF and kill-em all mods that are literally everywhere
+ this would be SO FUN! Just imagine 2 armies in their rhytm tango of changing frontlines to prepare for incoming season to come.
+ what will creators do with all of their energy after they will deal with new units, have you even THOUGH about them? :-) Shame!
+ well, I guess there is some field for the game to pay itself with unicoins option. I don't know how, but it's possible right?
+ looks awesome as well! Well, would look even better if we had an actual summer and autumn theme, but it looks awesome anyway as it is.

Of course these are just examplary proposal, may be as well very different whatever game creators like them to be.
I'll just quickly explain why I chose these particular values:
This mode favors attacking side, so I tried to set values to slighly favor khral in a matchup against sap and Titan in a matchup against sap, Khral vs titan being quite equal.

Spring: (preparation time)
forest: +1 def for GL. -1 at for flying

Summer: (strike time)
marsh: +2 def, +1 at for GH and GL (makes it 0) - it dried out ;-D
mountains, desert: -2 def for GL, GH - heat

Autumn: (mixed time)
marsh: -1 def for GL, GH - wet
forest: +1 def for GL. -1 for flying and GH

Winter (defence time)
bases, cities, ports - +1 def for every unit
marsh: +2 def, +1 at for GH and GL (makes it 0) - frozen
mountain, forest: -2 def. for GL
all water tiles: ships -2 def. - frozen

Optional:
A) WINTER GLOBAL FACTOR: -1 at. for FLYING

B) (could be very diffiult to program?)
Option to balance player 1 advantage: seasons change: year 1- before player 1 turn. year 2 - after player 1 turn. year 3 - before player 1 turn. etc. et.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25, 2016 15:24

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

┆┈┋ ┇쀀＀┏￿￿@Duaneski:┑ ┍ map changes theme each 1-3 turns. First it is basic (spring), then summer (desert), autumn (funky alien), winter (runiwar heaven). When it changes theme, some properties of tiles change a little bit. Swamps get dry or frozen, giving a boost, water freezes with -, things happen, so you have to ballet your army to best positions and try to adjust your attack/defence strategy to not only what's currently happening, but to season that's gonna come too. So for example you could ride in swamps with your ⤾ freely, but you need to rememer to come back or move further until spring comes in.

---- my thoughts:
Ahhhh i get it now!!! :p
@Angkor: I was really confused by the start of the post for some reason. But yeah, I like the idea a lot, I like the depth it would bring and the sense of time passing. I think for that mode the map creator should be able to decide: static season changes (3-10 turns per season let's say) versus variable changes (x rounds +/- Y rounds, where X is constant Y is variable)... would be neat ⤁ sounds like it maybe a lot of work to create though?
join wang

join wang

Spring: (preparation time)
forest: +1 def for GL. -1 at for flying

Summer: (strike time)
marsh: +2 def, +1 at for GH and GL (makes it 0) - it dried out ;-D
mountains, desert: -2 def for GL, GH - heat

Autumn: (mixed time)
marsh: -1 def for GL, GH - wet
forest: +1 def for GL. -1 for flying and GH

Winter (defence time)
bases, cities, ports - +1 def for every unit
marsh: +2 def, +1 at for GH and GL (makes it 0) - frozen
mountain, forest: -2 def. for GL
all water tiles: ships -2 def. - frozen

Optional:
A) WINTER GLOBAL FACTOR: -1 at. for FLYING

I like this Idea but some of it doesn't make sense to me. For example why is it that during spring air units lose attack, and why would forest add defense at this time as the plants would be recovering from the winter if anything it would make more sense in the summer were the forest would be at its prime. I like the summer time mountain effect but I don't understand how a marsh can just dry up, and by the way GH can't be on mountains anyway. Fall I have no complaints except what is that -1 for air units defense or attack. In the winter I suggest water tiles slowing down the ships as the ice would slow them down while increasing defense as the ice would give cover to units.
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

join wang wrote:
I like this Idea but some of it doesn't make sense to me. For example why is it that during spring air units lose attack, and why would forest add defense at this time as the plants would be recovering from the winter if anything it would make more sense in the summer were the forest would be at its prime. I like the summer time mountain effect but I don't understand how a marsh can just dry up, and by the way GH can't be on mountains anyway. Fall I have no complaints except what is that -1 for air units defense or attack. In the winter I suggest water tiles slowing down the ships as the ice would slow them down while increasing defense as the ice would give cover to units.

Details man, details. I won't fight for them, it's just a sketch.

Yay, thanks everyone, 10 votes already, all for it ;-)
Can some developer say something about possibility for these kind of changes? May be? Perhaps? Too much work?
Forum Index » New Feature Request