[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Titans vs. Sapiens (smaller maps)
Forum Index » Titans
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

Ever since the buff(s) were made to the tanks defense (13) and/or attack vs. ground heavy (10) and batteries (increased attack range and mobility), I'm having a difficult time winning this matchup on smaller maps as the Titans player vs. Sapiens. When it comes to the meat shields of your armies, Tanks seems to be a better value for the money than Plasma Tanks. While they don't trade evenly, Tanks hold their own and they also repair at twice the rate of Plasma tanks.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to counter a Sapiens player who spams tanks/engineers and then follows it up with batteries to back it up?
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Yes I feel the same. I think the solution lies in more mecha and speeder but I don't know how to do it.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I agreee. On very small maps even with very large income the fact that your units can be disabled and captured means you have little defence.if you have small income too then you can't even build mecha and don't have time to save. Small maps are so tough because titans really want to build a wall then get walkers safe behind it demolishing everything. Without at least 5 tiles of space then you lose your main advantage. You can't build them safely and their extended range is off the end of the map.
In short you must make very small maps totally favour titans to give them a hope against saps but then they tend to walk all over k.
Maybe the solution is to lock some maps to same race only.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

I'm glad I'm the not one facing this challenge. Speeders get owned so badly by tanks now. It's hard to trade efficiently unless you get the gang-up bonus from behind. Mechas are so vulnerable to being reprogrammed by the engineer :/
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I have long held that number of tiles in between bases = 5 is kind of the golden standard balance wise.

If there is a slim bottleneck or maybe some dunes then 4 is okay, but usually I try to keep it 5-6.

Of course there are many many other factors to balance. But usually that's a good place to start imho

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 05, 2016 20:11

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

dr. pepper wrote:I'm glad I'm the not one facing this challenge. Speeders get owned so badly by tanks now. It's hard to trade efficiently unless you get the gang-up bonus from behind. Mechas are so vulnerable to being reprogrammed by the engineer :/

If the map has multiple different bases that can be captured, then the Titan player can build two speeders and immediately threaten a base capture where the tank isn't. But this aside, for those head to head conflicts with really only one point of contention... distance needs to be at least 5 I think... (muddied by roads and bridges now ofc)
[Avatar]
japhib

[Avatar]
japhib

I think that hopefully the new tank-buster units should help diversify this matchup.

However, I think wookieontheweb's proposal is a great one:

wookieontheweb wrote:
Maybe the solution is to lock some maps to same race only.

There are many maps that could be balanced if you're only in a mirror matchup, but are horrible out of balance for many matchups. For example, in any map that starts with open bases that you have to move towards for more than a single turn, Khrals will always have the advantage over Saps and Titans. Unless there are a LOT of bases up for grabs and the map is absolutely huge, in which case Titans have the advantage. It would be awesome if during the process that a map gets approved for ranked play, it was approved separately for all the different matchups, and then when a ranked random match starts, you'd only get a map that is actually balanced for your race matchup.

Alternatively, every ranked random match could be mirrored, just like tournaments are. This would be the ultimate in fairness but would probably annoy players who only want to play a single race.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06, 2016 16:46

[Avatar]
GreyWulf

[Avatar]
GreyWulf

The idea of approving maps for certain race matchups is brilliant. should this be on a more prominent thread in order that the devs might see it?
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Okay what if.. plasma tanks had immunity to EMP?

Think about it.
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

I am finding that Guardian plus speeder is a very hard front to beat with sapiens. Can't build marauder or tank because they get wrecked by guardian. Can't build marine because wrecked by speeder. If you build helicopter then you will face eclipses. Solution I don't know, I think it's some combo of marine bopper and battery. This is from unranked friendly games with cope on a map with two bottlenecks.
[Avatar]
Tyrax Lightning

[Avatar]
Tyrax Lightning

Hi everyone, First Post here.

I have decided to love the Titans most, with Kraelians second & screw [s]Humans[/s]Sapiens. I too am noticing fighting Sapiens with Titans on Small Maps is really hard... heck, hard to beat Kraelians with Titans on Small Maps too, often they can quickly pop out a Tank/Pincer while the Plasma Tank, that I love btw, can't come out in time cause it costs too much. I have been combating this problem by puking on an Ad to get a Walker up & fight their Tank Unit with the Walker, aka the Titan Anti-Tank. Give this a try OP.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Aww, this Forum doesn't support 'Font Strikethrough'?

Edit 2: Dammit, when I said "Walker" I meant the "Guardian". >_<

I'm still trying to get stuff in this game memorized correctly.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 31, 2018 05:28

Fav Unit: Plasma Tank

2nd Place: Garuda

3rd Place: Guardian

Honorable Mention: Walker
Forum Index » Titans