[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Bury the boats
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I'm liking the new tile set they make it much easier to build interesting maps. One thing that has been bugging me is the bridge.

When a boat sits on a bridge tile it sits on top of it visually, bobbing up and down on the concrete. This looks odd and got me thinking. Why not use the bury graphic like underlings when boats are on bridge tiles. But then you think why not allow other vehicles above them too like with underlings, also like how bridges work.

So I propose it would be good if boats hid under bridges. They can't shoot or be shot. Vehicles can pass over them. The bridge tile has normal effect on their movement, it's the act of stopping there that makes the boat "buried".

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Very interesting idea

I guess I don't like boats - the strongest units in the game - being able to run and hide when they're badly wounded.

Maybe you could add "can't heal while under a bridge" ... but then it gets complicated.

I'm just not sure
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

That crossed my mind too but it would be the same for both sides.
The oft promised amphibious units could be complicated though. Would they be under or over?

Hmm maybe just sticking with the purely cosmetic change of transparency would be enough to suppress the ocd in me.

How about raised bridges? ... maybe I'll just get used to boats bobbing on concrete.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
killermax636

[Avatar]
killermax636

wookieontheweb wrote:That crossed my mind too but it would be the same for both sides.
The oft promised amphibious units could be complicated though. Would they be under or over?

Hmm maybe just sticking with the purely cosmetic change of transparency would be enough to suppress the ocd in me.

How about raised bridges? ... maybe I'll just get used to boats bobbing on concrete.

Creative idea. But anyway this is just a game. Strict logic of daily life should give way to gameplay more or less, maybe. I wonder if you notice that underling can also bury under a bridge. If ships can also "bury " under bridge as you suggest, then how should we deal with the location arrangement with it and the buried lings? Normally they are surely not in the same location, with one on water and the other suspending under bridge. Is there any necessity to set a new layer of terrain to solve that? Not really perhaps.
Tobeee

Tobeee

Agree. Also why can underlings bury in bridges?
join wang

join wang

Tobeee wrote:Agree. Also why can underlings bury in bridges?

Well if you think about it underlings are based on ants and as a result they should be able to cling to the underside of the bridge using their enormous strength which they then use to return to the surface of the bridge should they need to. Another possibility is theta the bury into the foundation of bridge and when they launch a surprise attack they use the ants amazing speed to quickly move up the support beams of the bridge to assault their target.
Forum Index » New Feature Request