[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
The Portal Tile
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Ey guys, I got some nice idea. We all know that there won't be any transport units into the game ever, right? To compensate for the lack of transport units, how about making a portal tile? This allows any unit to cross to another area that is seem to be unaccessable by normal means. The portals are open to all units and it is not required to be captured. Portal tiles can be differentiated by the color to separate their point of transport. If there are more than 2 portals of the same color and you are in a same color portal, you can traverse through either 2 or more other portals

How does a Portal tile work:

It's simple really, just tap on the desired locations of your portal tile, then they'll automatically connect. The only requirement of the Portal tile is to have at least 2 of those exist on your desired map.

What if There are more than 2 Portal Tiles:

The answer is simple, you are to be able to access to all of them regardless of the amount (except for 0-1 Portal tiles) of Portal tiles there are.

Different Portals:

To make more interesting plays, portals can be differentiated by color, so you can connect separate ways without interrupting the other.

How will you rate the costing and bonuses/penalties of the Portal tile:

To me I would put a mobility cost of 4-6 and a attack & defense penalty of -1;-1 or -2;-2, given the vulnerability of the Portal tile in the heat of combat.

Can You Shoot Through Portal Tiles:

That.. Is a complicated matter, you see, Portals can transport anything, but shooting through it is not only complicated in itself, but risking of mising your attack or even risking of destroying said Portal.

Can You Destroy a Portal Tile:

In fact yes, you can destroy Portal tiles if you are to create cunning strategies, but will tax you your income of 50-150 credits (depending on your income setting) to do so.

Can You Repair a Portal Tile:

To counter the fact of destroying Portals, you can repair them or let alone rebuild them. Portals do in fact repair themselves at +1 Hp per turn and their repair rate are also affected by any support unit they're near to, but if they are destroyed, they can't repair themselves. Support units are to repair them based on their repair rate multiplyer, in means that, an Engineer can rebuild a Portal tile in 5 rounds while 2 Infectors will rebuild it in 2 rounds.

That's my conclusion for this idea, feel free to comment

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

I love the idea. But then can you block a portal from the other side?

What if it is simpler... What if you just made it so a unit could teleport from one hex to another? Then all the downside is already there, you can't move for a couple of turns and can't defend yourself. Might be easier to code as teleport is already in the game.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

mistercreepy wrote:I love the idea. But then can you block a portal from the other side?

What if it is simpler... What if you just made it so a unit could teleport from one hex to another? Then all the downside is already there, you can't move for a couple of turns and can't defend yourself. Might be easier to code as teleport is already in the game.

yes, you can block teleport, but I may also tax the player(s) who block it, the Portals are neutral entities

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I got a little lore about the Portal tiles, hope you enjoy

Portals have long imagined by the likes of sapient, hybrid, mechanical, and any other races alike. As time passed, the portals are to be able to be used by anyone and they surely give the greatest convenience to them, but there are responsibilities for them to use such transportations. The universe has a mind of its own, giving balance to those who inhabit somewhere across the galaxies above and one of those is the balanced used of the portals. As the universe declares that if any force abuses the use of the portals present, it will be taxed by the universe it lives under, mainly through material means as portals are materialistic entities themselves. As all forces learned their lessons the hard way, they begin to respect the portals as they will not destroy them or intervene access for anyone who wish to cross through. Despite of the acknowleged rule, some others would not respect it for their own selfish gains. As the Uniwar erupted, the portals are at risk of abuse once more.

[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Thank you for your suggestion. Our focus is now on adding NEW UNITS. Maybe after that, we will revisit the idea of adding new tiles. A portal is a nice idea but it also adds a layer of complexity that we prefer to avoid.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
Forum Index » New Feature Request