[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Sick of players bailing out
Forum Index » New Feature Request
kickyourass

kickyourass

Nearly 90% of the time I join 2-3 consecutive random games by clicking "Join Random Game", I waste my time taking the first turn, then backing out of the game to join a new random game, taking my turn, etc, only to find out 5 mins later that the other player has surrendered all 3 matches, then I have to go in and delete them all. From memory, it's mostly against anonymous players.

This is very time consuming and a huge pain in the butt for me. I propose an update where only players who have registered can be opted into random games, or that there's a penalty for bailing out of that many games.

I'm almost beginning to think that joining a random game is completely useless.
[Avatar]
Kevor

[Avatar]
Kevor

AMEN to that! This has happened way too many times to me too. VERY annoying! Would it be possible to have the option of "Random game with NON-anonymous players"?

The same goes for team games too. I swear, half of the team games I have played have been ruined when someone backs out in the middle of it.

No battle plan survives contact with the enemy...
(Helmuth von Moltke, Generalfeldmarschall of the Prussian Army)
GERMANator

GERMANator

I do like is the fact that only registered users are alowed to enter rated games. The "improvement" of surrendering a game within 3 rounds is an understandable move, but not the best for your teammates. I think your only chance, after one of your teammates surrendered is to surrender too to avoid losing points, and this ruins the game for the other team, too. So surrendering should not be allowed without losing points at all. You dont have to implement the option of NON-anonymous players, just make it automatically. As soon as someone is loged in, he will automatically join games with other registered players, and if anonymous you just join other anonymous players.
clamato

clamato

I think the anonymous players feature should be rid of altogether. I can't think of a single other online game that lets you do that.

As far as random games goes you should simply get a "do you accept? y/n" when someone challenges you instead of forcing you into a game. Don't make it so the only way out is to surrender. (And for that matter, don't make 3 day the default... A random game should be 10 minutes or an hour!)
draka

draka

can anyone tell me where we were informed you can bail out within 3 rounds ????????????????
draka

draka

I think that if a player surrenders 3x in a row then the 3rd is counted as being rated, this will mean people have to be more carefull about what games they accept.
Anonymous

Anonymous
We don't want people to be that much more careful. At least in 2 player games. You want a large pool of players to play against or it's going to be the same ten people over and over. More people able to find games=more variety and bigger community= uniwar continues to grow.

Just make it easier to back out of a game you don't want (ability to decline invites and random games). That's the cause of most surrenders, that you're forced into games you didn't want to play to begin with.
kickyourass

kickyourass

Well if the opponent bails out of a 2 player game, at least just auto-delete it so I don't have to waste my time hitting like 6 buttons times 3 games.
[Avatar]
brigg

[Avatar]
brigg

Sick of this ..
Players bail from random games all the time. Why? Usually when they don't get the race balance or the map that they think they can win.

Bailing from a game is being used by canny players as a strategy to improve their ratings.

This is completely unfair.

Please please please remove the option to bail from a game in the first few moves. At the higher levels it is making a mockery of the whole ratings system.

For example I just asked for a random game (green valley, me sapiens, them kh). We each took our first move, I killed their underling, so killing their first attempt at map control. They then bailed on their second move. This is just because they thought the odds had swung against them. Unfair!!!!!!!

So .. what to do?

Make the 'Available for random games' option set to OFF by default, so forcing a concious decision to play each game. Penalise players when they surrender from those games - the same penalty no matter when they quit.

Please change this major flaw, it is being abused!!!!!

brigg
[Avatar]
brigg

[Avatar]
brigg

Problem :
. claustrophobic maps allow users to see opponent's strategy prior during first few moves, so users can bail if they think they don't like what they see
. users can see the race choice even for random games during the bail-out period giving the option to avoid games they don't think they will win
. we need bail out to avoid abusive opponents (not met one yet )
. we need bail out to avoid spam games where players pick an opponent, pick their preferred race and map, then pick their victim

Solution :
. the bail out choice is only available prior to starting the game, not during first few moves (e.g. a "Start Game / Delete Games" option)
. for random games the user is not informed of race selection prior to choice
. for non-random games the user is informed of the game setup prior to choice - not including race selection if set to random
. the user preference "Available for random games" is OFF by default
. users have the option to switch off Chat for any particular game

Forum Index » New Feature Request