[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
PVE Map Making
Forum Index » User Generated Maps
[Avatar]
STNsteelix

[Avatar]
STNsteelix

Hello map makers!
Uniwar has already tons of user generated maps, most are standard "Capture bases" mode which is so far the only rank able map types. These standard and competitive maps have been the only dominating map type played by players most of the time be it in random ranked, championship or even unranked matches. The automatic bot generated matches are also only using "Starred" maps.

Hence, I want to bring up the idea of PvE (Player Vs Environment/bot) focus maps. These maps are very similar to campaigns in which the match within the map starts with one side with advantage (usually for player 2 or bot). Maps that are asymmetric, imbalance or unfair in PvP may be more fun to play against bots (bots are not so smart after all). Who would feel good when beating the opponent who initially have greater advantage than the player?

Great and fun PvE maps examples from other games could be like Nectaris missions and Advanced Wars story mode (those 2 are good old games).

Post and share your PvE maps here whether to market the map or just for the joy of sharing !

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 24, 2017 02:29

[Avatar]
STNsteelix

[Avatar]
STNsteelix

"Forest Escape" is a mission map made by me. This map is intended only for PvE as the Player 2 (locked as khralians) has way more initial troops than the Player 1 (locked as Sapiens). I tried to make this map look "natural" in a way that it looks like a story mission. Feel free to try this map (with bot) and share your map as well .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21, 2017 05:25

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Check out the latest version of Infector Quest and Engineer Quest

..FYI.... they both still need more balancing :/ I'll probably revisit once the new units are available for the map editor

Slava12321

Slava12321

[link://1,49770,Slavacraft mission 2,2,2] Slavacraft mission 2
[link://1,54373,SlavaCraft misson 6,1,2] SlavaCraft misson 6
[link://1,49737,Slavacraft mission 1,2,2] Slavacraft mission 1
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

What does PvE stand for?

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
STNsteelix

[Avatar]
STNsteelix

PVE stands for "Player Vs Environment" in which it simply means "Player Vs Bots".
I found another interesting but tough PVE map "Player vs bot Umbrella Corp HARD" by "Brarn Skar" . This map is like last stand scenario where the player as a Sapien has to stand the ground against far superior enemy swarm.

BTW thanks for posting some maps ppl!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21, 2017 05:25

[Avatar]
STNsteelix

[Avatar]
STNsteelix

Duaneski wrote:Check out the latest version of Infector Quest and Engineer Quest

..FYI.... they both still need more balancing :/ I'll probably revisit once the new units are available for the map editor

@Duaneski are those infector/engineer quests coop (more than 1 players against bots) maps?
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

STNsteelix wrote:
  Duaneski wrote:Check out the latest version of Infector Quest and Engineer Quest

@Duaneski are those infector/engineer quests coop (more than 1 players against bots) maps?

Actually, hah, they're both pvp and PvE. My fault. I can see they probably don't strictly belong in this thread

(It is a team of four humans versus one human and 3 bots)
[Avatar]
STNsteelix

[Avatar]
STNsteelix

Duaneski wrote:
  STNsteelix wrote:

Actually, hah, they're both pvp and PvE. My fault. I can see they probably don't strictly belong in this thread

(It is a team of four humans versus one human and 3 bots)

I guess that is OK as long as its not a competitive map (which is usually symmetric and boring, I mean balanced :p ).

Forum Index » User Generated Maps