[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Replace "skip" with "force move"
Forum Index » New Feature Request
OmegaD

OmegaD

The problem with the "skip" feature is that sometimes the overdue player is in the process of moving when they get skipped, or has already been looking at the game (and wanted to come back to it later when they had more time but ran out of time).

What if instead of "skip" the feature was "force move"; instead of leaving the player with no move at all it would end the player's turn with their pieces in the current (tentative) orientation. That way a player could set their pieces up quickly if they were crunched for time, and then could plan on coming back to it later (using the undo feature) without running the risk of a zero-progress turn if they don't make it back in time. That way a player that was in the process of moving would at least have some (if not all) of their pieces in a good location.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

It isn't that this is a bad idea, it's just that I feel like it's gonna take work still, and I would prefer the "chess clock" instead of this....

I mean i would prefer it over nothing, sure. So I guess it would come down to time to create
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

what about this...

Force move = the bot take the turn

OmegaD: your idea will not work.. the game happens on the server.. not the client... How can the server know how far you have moved unless it uploads it to the server ?

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I proposed the same thing a while ago. It seemed like a nice idea to me too.

Incidentally you could have the client attempt to upload a partial move once time has run out. that way when the bot move happens there is a partial move available.

Also the bot move should not happen until the opponent attempts to skip move. That way kind souls giving you extra time will still allow you to make a full move.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Bot taking the turn sounds good to me

And hey for some people that'll actually make them a better player!
OmegaD

OmegaD

Duaneski wrote:Bot taking the turn sounds good to me

And hey for some people that'll actually make them a better player!

You know, that was actually my first idea too, but I didn't think people would go for it so I proposed this instead.

Maybe a combination of the two? Bot moves units that have yet to be moved?
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

How about when the time expired any players in the same team can make the absent player's move ?
But when the skip button is pressed, bot will make the move.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

StarryBlink wrote:How about when the time expired any players in the same team can make the absent player's move ?
But when the skip button is pressed, bot will make the move.

I think there would need to be some punishment for missing the turn. Otherwise a 1500 player may get several moves made by a 2000+ player. Maybe 20% less credits.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Bot moves is an awesome idea
Forum Index » New Feature Request