[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Spider Tank Design
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Hi guys, I have made my design of a Sapien Spider Tank

My idea of it is that it's a special ground heavy unit. It has 2 methods of movement, the tank caterpillar tracks and its own limbs as depicted.

Its armor is lighter than the Tank, but its space armor (the spider limbs) is as thick as its main armor as the limbs can be used to reduce armor penetration from shells and it can last because it can still walk, even if some part of its limbs do have holes from enemy shells. Its ability, Siege and Mountaineer makes it great, but all of those makes it expensive, at 600 credits per unit.

Ability: Mountaineer

It allows ground heavies to traverse through mountains and receives the same benefits as a ground light when parked in a mountain.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08, 2017 20:35

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

You've been watching "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex"

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
join wang

join wang

I don't know why but it just doesn't look sapien enough for me maybe because it looks to high tech? Yet it doesn't have the distinctive bands of a titan
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Great design. Thank you for submitting it

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
join wang

join wang

Take back what I said China is developing spider tanks http://io9.gizmodo.com/chinas-next-tank-could-be-this-weaponzied-robotic-spide-1638514955
But seriously spider tanks are extremely impractical as all the weight is concentrated in a small area. Furthermore it will be difficult to absorb recoil with a design like that. I guess it might be useful for mountains but please don't allow it to get a defense buff from mountains 13 defense is high enough i don't need to deal with 17 defense that is way to OP.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02, 2017 00:30

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

join wang wrote:Take back what I said China is developing spider tanks http://io9.gizmodo.com/chinas-next-tank-could-be-this-weaponzied-robotic-spide-1638514955
But seriously spider tanks are extremely impractical as all the weight is concentrated in a small area. Furthermore it will be difficult to absorb recoil with a design like that. I guess it might be useful for mountains but please don't allow it to get a defense buff from mountains 13 defense is high enough i don't need to deal with 17 defense that is way to OP.

Still pretty expensive, at 600, well maybe a little more

Also, the only impractical thing about it is that we don't have the exact technology for it yet, just like the German super weapons of WWII and some others before them. I bet the distant future will get that thing practical

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 04, 2017 04:26

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
join wang

join wang

LkASr wrote:
  join wang wrote:Take back what I said China is developing spider tanks http://io9.gizmodo.com/chinas-next-tank-could-be-this-weaponzied-robotic-spide-1638514955

Still pretty expensive, at 600, well maybe a little more

Also, the only impractical thing about it is that we don't have the exact technology for it yet, just like the German super weapons of WWII and some others before them. I bet the distant future will get that thing practical

Even though it is at 600 it has two abilities which has never been seen before. Also it can get two buffs one from mountain terrain and one from siege if it didn't get buff from mountain but can cross then i would that its a pretty nice idea but 17 defense on mountain makes it impenetrable by most kharldean units and those that could would do like 2 damage at most. Even if we don't have the technology why would we develop it with pointed legs. The pointed legs make it easy to knock over and the legs would be pretty obvious weak spots. Knock one out and vola an out of commission vehicle. To deal with recoil we would have to develop some sort of powerful shock absorber as the fact that it is balancing delicately on pointed legs make it impractical as it wouldn't be able to use its full mass to deal with the recoil. Furthermore concentrating the tanks weight on such a small area would cause it to sink into most terrain (tsar tank). I like the idea of a spider tank as it would look intimidating however it would be highly unlike that it would be a practical military vehicle. PS we can just trip them up like AT-ATs.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

join wang wrote: Even though it is at 600 it has two abilities which has never been seen before. Also it can get two buffs one from mountain terrain and one from siege if it didn't get buff from mountain but can cross then i would that its a pretty nice idea but 17 defense on mountain makes it impenetrable by most kharldean units and those that could would do like 2 damage at most. Even if we don't have the technology why would we develop it with pointed legs. The pointed legs make it easy to knock over and the legs would be pretty obvious weak spots. Knock one out and vola an out of commission vehicle. To deal with recoil we would have to develop some sort of powerful shock absorber as the fact that it is balancing delicately on pointed legs make it impractical as it wouldn't be able to use its full mass to deal with the recoil. Furthermore concentrating the tanks weight on such a small area would cause it to sink into most terrain (tsar tank). I like the idea of a spider tank as it would look intimidating however it would be highly unlike that it would be a practical military vehicle. PS we can just trip them up like AT-ATs.

My spider tank has 8 legs

I don't intend to have it large, I intend the design by light tank standards. By being small and if it's as heavy as a Russian MBT, it can be as thick as an MBT.
Just make it small, have thick armor, put a powerful engine on it, and give it 8 legs. That's how I intend its design

Forum Index » General Discussion