[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Swarmer move bug
Forum Index » Bug Reports
fireday

fireday

Hi all
Look at screenshoot:

Why swarmer can not move at this Hex ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 10, 2017 09:28

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Those are ocean tiles. Aerial units may not move over ocean tiles. Only boats can move there. The amphibious units are also not allowed there.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
fireday

fireday

wookieontheweb wrote:Those are ocean tiles. Aerial units may not move over ocean tiles. Only boats can move there. The amphibious units are also not allowed there.
ehmm... what ?
why fly units can not flying over ocean? its crazy)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 10, 2017 10:11

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

It's an interesting map feature. Without ports then it is the same as the void.

I rationalise it as all the flying units are short range e.g. helicopter. As far as I know there are no helicopters that can fly across the Atlantic.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
fireday

fireday

wookieontheweb wrote:It's an interesting map feature. Without ports then it is the same as the void.

I rationalise it as all the flying units are short range e.g. helicopter. As far as I know there are no helicopters that can fly across the Atlantic.
This feature not unobvious!
the empty hex would be better - becouse all players understand it and use it in they strategy

if u tall about helicopters and his battale range - i have knowledge in real military vehicles
helicopter with additional fuel tank - have battle range 500km+- (1000km in one side) - it is not an ocean, but this big distance not more then one hex ? hah!
and... helicopter now move 4 simple hex by one turn - and he cant move one ocean hex? this is stupid! i say more - it looks extremely ridiculous !!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 10, 2017 13:00

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

It is clear under the unit description. I'm amazed it has taken you this long to notice.

You just agreed that short range flyers aka helicopters can not cross an ocean. Ocean tile is still only one hex wide, but the existence and definition of a tile doesn't force particular usage by map makers. That's out of the game creators control.

Within the game, this creates interesting dynamics between flying units and ranged units (particularly boats), where the boat or artillery can hide behind the ocean tiles.

Amphibious units CAN cross ocean tiles but will have a minus to attack and defense there. So they will be a big map feature.

I'm sorry to say: you'll have to get over your incredulous view of this tile, and accept that in your game of teleporting robots and human sized ants, flying pigs still can't cross a one hex wide ocean
Forum Index » Bug Reports