[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Fuze is the new op unit
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Think about it, Fuze is now the new Marauder. It has the range, the firepower, and worst of all, it has the numbers to steamroll pretty much anything!

I made sample tests on 4 Fuzes vs a Hydronaut, turns out that the 4 Fuzes win on both attacking 1st AND attacking 2nd, same with fighting against Destroyers!

There you have it, boys, we got our new meta D:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12, 2017 19:20

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

I agree that the fuze seems quite strong. Salamander with no range seems weakest. I didn't do any tests with aerial units though but that would not help Titans.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Fuze and mantisse are both just BETTER swarmers... with terrain bonus and considering their cost, they're like better than swarmers ever were pre nerf.

So, I'm changing all of my teams and no longer playing as khral until they get sorted out.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Duaneski wrote:Fuze and mantisse are both just BETTER swarmers... with terrain bonus and considering their cost, they're like better than swarmers ever were pre nerf.

So, I'm changing all of my teams and no longer playing as khral until they get sorted out.

lol, it changes, it's back to team Sapien vs team Titan all over again

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Pento

Pento

Fuze is a waste of money.
I like the idea, but it's too weak. No harm for anything except Infanterie.
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

Pento wrote:Fuze is a waste of money.
I like the idea, but it's too weak. No harm for anything except Infanterie.

It does seem to be a niche unit. And as you pointed out, it's a paper weight if it takes any counter damage.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

It's a great unit overall, just don't leave it open to speedy units, it'll not end well for them

Pento

Pento

Perhaps I am a little close minded, but whatfor is it good? Might be on a swamp map you can use it properly. But on actual maps....?!
Gives no damage to anything. Even if you keep it in second row it won't help because of the silly damage it causes, especially for the credits.

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Pento wrote:Perhaps I am a little close minded, but whatfor is it good? Might be on a swamp map you can use it properly. But on actual maps....?!
Gives no damage to anything. Even if you keep it in second row it won't help because of the silly damage it causes, especially for the credits.

2 words: cheap gangup

in seriousness, they cost 200, they can attack at 1-2, and have some ap values against gls and aquatics. 4 Fuzes can devour a Hydronaut with little losses same with destroyers, but to a lesser extent, and also they're pretty effective at weakening, if not killing mountain men and blaster units. 200 with a 1-2 range is more tham it seems

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 06, 2017 09:14

dr. pepper

dr. pepper

Of the three amphibian units, it seems to be the weakest now that the salamander was buffed. I'm not exactly sure what makes the fuze stand out compared to the other two.

It has the worst damage output, worst defense strength. worst armor piercing, and tied for the worst mobility. Its' one advantage over the salamander is that it can attack from 2 range. Its' one advantage over the mantisse is that is costs 50 credits less.

Neither of which means all that much when you compare it with all the other advantages of the other amphibians by comparison.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 06, 2017 09:12

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

dr. pepper wrote:Of the three amphibian units, it seems to be the weakest now that the salamander was buffed. I'm not exactly sure what makes the fuze stand out compared to the other two.

It has the worst damage output, worst defense strength. worst armor piercing, and tied for the worst mobility. Its' one advantage over the salamander is that it can attack from 2 range. Its' one advantage over the mantisse is that is costs 50 credits less.

Neither of which means all that much when you compare it with all the other advantages of the other amphibians by comparison.

I'd rather take the 200 credit option than using the 250 with the same repair values. For me, Salamanders are now pretty effective units, only if pitted against melee units and it's also not so useful against Swarmer spams in kvk despute the aerial buff.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 06, 2017 09:18

dr. pepper

dr. pepper

LkASr wrote:
  dr. pepper wrote:Of the three amphibian units, it seems to be the weakest now that the salamander was buffed. I'm not exactly sure what makes the fuze stand out compared to the other two.

I'd rather take the 200 credit option than using the 250 with the same repair values. For me, Salamanders are now pretty effective units, only if pitted against melee units and it's also not so useful against Swarmer spams in kvk despute the aerial buff.

Re: Fuze vs. Mantisse. For 50 credits, you get 1 additional damage to ground light, 1 additional damage to aerial, 10% piercing to aerial, 2 additional mobility, and 2 defense strength. If you don't think that's worth 50 credits, I'm not sure what to tell you. After typing it all out, it makes it even more clear how weak the fuze is.

The fuze should really be buffed in some way to make it worth it. Maybe it should have 2 repair or possibly even a small move after attack so it makes it easier to get out of harm's way?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 06, 2017 10:04

Pento

Pento

Might be it works fine to fight hydro and battleship. But first you have to get four of those and then you have to bring them close.... Quite tricky.
With the speed they have....
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Duaneski wrote:Fuze and mantisse are both just BETTER swarmers... with terrain bonus and considering their cost, they're like better than swarmers ever were pre nerf.

how you think they are better ? Mantisse vs swarmer is equal when mantisse is on swamp.. othervise swarmer wins. Move, heal and cost is same. Mantisse can cap yes, but it would rarely be the case where you use a 250 unit to cap.

on plain mantisse does 3-4 to swarmer - wich does 6 in return
fuze on plain vs swarmer is 3 dammage vs 7 in return..

https://unicalc.github.io/web/desktop

I just dont get why you think they are BETTER swarmers...

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Zardecil

Zardecil

simsverd wrote:

how you think they are better ? Mantisse vs swarmer is equal when mantisse is on swamp.. othervise swarmer wins. Move, heal and cost is same. Mantisse can cap yes, but it would rarely be the case where you use a 250 unit to cap.

on plain mantisse does 3-4 to swarmer - wich does 6 in return
fuze on plain vs swarmer is 3 dammage vs 7 in return..

https://unicalc.github.io/web/desktop

I just dont get why you think they are BETTER swarmers...

Because 2 mantisse or 2 fuze can kill infantry on a mountain. While swarmers can't.
Forum Index » General Discussion