[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Could the new units be "switched on/off"?
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
killermax636

[Avatar]
killermax636

Dear devs,
I am writing this to suggest that there be an option to enable or disable the using of new units released recently (and in the future if there will be any) while a player is setting the account (or a game) just like setting his color and flag.

We are excited to see the drastic changes to UniWar with your continuous dedication and hard work. During the past two months, two groups of new units have been released. The game is becoming more exciting and challenging with their emergence. However, that also brought about heated discussion and even some complaint. Some complained that the new units are released in a too rapid pace to allow them to purchase all of them by grinding enough unicoins in a short period of time. Some complained that the new units are too premature to be used in ranked and tournament games while they still needs to be further balanced. And some, especially some veterans prefer the "original taste" of UniWar, the game with the original 8 units for each race. And I have already seen that those complaints came from the significant impact on the gameplay and the concern about fairness caused by such a rather "sudden" change to the game. So I am thinking of the suggestion above.

The possible design of that suggestion could go like the following:
1. Make a switch for each type of the new units separately, e.g. Blasters: on/off, Amphibians:on/off.
2. For non-tourney solo games, when he starts a random(R) game, the system searches for a player who has exactly the same setting as his; when he creates a custom game as the host, the other player automatically apply his settings.
3. For non-tourney multiplayer(>=3 players) games, if it is a team match between player-built teams (with a team name and bio), the design can refer to solo games' mentioned above, which means there is a switch in the team setting like in the player's setting. If it is a team match between players that haven't teamed up, all players automatically apply the host's setting. For FFA games, whether each type of new units are available or not depends on the ratio of the settings of ALL players. For example, if over half of the players enable blasters, then everyone is free to use blasters in the game; if not more than half of the players enable amphibians, then amphibians are forbidden in this game.
(To be continued...)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Feb 17, 2017 17:15

[Avatar]
killermax636

[Avatar]
killermax636

4. For tournament games. This could be the most difficult part. I have no better suggestion but suggest dear devs to set different kinds of tournaments to adjust the availability of each kind of new units.
5. While creating a new game, if the player hasn't purchased a certain kind of new unit of the race picked, he is not able to enable the use of that kind of new unit in this game.

I sincerely hope that my suggestion could raise your attention and help to make UniWar better for both fresh and veteran players. And I will also be happy to hear from other Uniwarrior friends about this.

祝大家玩得愉快!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 17, 2017 17:19

[Avatar]
killermax636

[Avatar]
killermax636

译文:关于增设新兵种开关的建议

建议官方在个人资料(或游戏设置)中增设新兵种(反坦克、两栖兵种)开关选项,以供玩家调节是否可以使用新兵种。
具体实施方案:
1、每一类(组)兵种分别设置一个开关,例如——反坦克兵种:可用/不可用;两栖兵种——可用/不可用。
2、非比赛单挑局:开始随机游戏时,系统为该玩家寻找有着完全相同的新兵种开关设置的玩家;创建自定义游戏时,另一名玩家自动适用房主的新兵种开关设置。
3、非比赛多人游戏:玩家自建团队作战,可以参考上述做法,在团队资料中增设新兵种开关选项,由队长设置;非自建团队团战,所有玩家自动适用房主的设置。大乱斗模式中,根据所有玩家对每类新兵种开关的比例来确定是否能在本局中使用该类兵种,例如(只是例如):如果有超过半数玩家启用反坦克兵种,则本局游戏中可使用反坦克兵种,并且所有玩家均可无条件(无需购买)使用该类兵种;如果不超过半数玩家启用两栖兵种,则本局所有玩家禁用两栖兵种。
4、比赛:建议官方增设比赛种类和场数(只要服务器能吃得消),不同的比赛中,不同类型新兵种的可用性也不同。
5、如果创建一局游戏时,玩家尚未拥有所选种族的某一类兵种,则他在本局无法选择启用该类兵种。
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

It's a good idea, but myself I'd like just an option of switching on/off ALL new units (classic mode). In unranked games at least, maybe ranked too, with some lower rank changes (50 or 30 percent of usual rank change).
Tourneys should keep the mainstream of the game, which means all units in, always, no exceptions.

-----------

这是一个好主意,但自己我只想打开/关闭所有新单位(经典模式)的选项。 至少在未分配的游戏中,也许排名,有一些较低的排名变化(50或30%的通常的排名变化)。
游戏应该保持游戏的主流,这意味着所有单位,总是,没有例外。

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I prefer the idea that map designers can choose which units are available to use on a map. You can then create maps that only allow artillery (kill all enemy units), or only naval etc. Then all maps created before the new units were enabled could be set to have them turned off and only new maps that have been properly play tested with new units would allow them.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
killermax636

[Avatar]
killermax636

Angkor wrote:It's a good idea, but myself I'd like just an option of switching on/off ALL new units (classic mode). In unranked games at least, maybe ranked too, with some lower rank changes (50 or 30 percent of usual rank change).
Tourneys should keep the mainstream of the game, which means all units in, always, no exceptions.

-----------

这是一个好主意,但自己我只想打开/关闭所有新单位(经典模式)的选项。 至少在未分配的游戏中,也许排名,有一些较低的排名变化(50或30%的通常的排名变化)。
游戏应该保持游戏的主流,这意味着所有单位,总是,没有例外。

Sounds good. Yeah, actually I am among the guys who prefer the "classic mode". So it may also be fine for me to switch all of them in one switch. And, yes, maybe the tourney should go like what it is now as you say, maybe in order to test out who is the true omnipotent player.
[Avatar]
killermax636

[Avatar]
killermax636

wookieontheweb wrote:I prefer the idea that map designers can choose which units are available to use on a map. You can then create maps that only allow artillery (kill all enemy units), or only naval etc. Then all maps created before the new units were enabled could be set to have them turned off and only new maps that have been properly play tested with new units would allow them.

That idea also sounds nice. But personally, I think that idea may work better for ranked random games than customized ones. In customized ones, it is the player who decide all the attributes of the game he wanna play, so why not leave the choice to the player to decide which units are available or not?
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Thank you for your suggestions and ideas. We will discuss them internally

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18, 2017 04:46

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
Phill_the_ll

Phill_the_ll

I would love to have a classic mode. In fact, I would be willing to pay to enter into a classic ranked ladder. The new units are great and fun to use, but i have loved classic uniwar for so long, i would hate for it to go away. Please make this happen.

-Phill
Forum Index » General Discussion